Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:45:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Closure  (Read 369 times)
NateBee
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single/Broken up

« on: November 09, 2020, 08:39:51 AM »

I’ve recently broken up with my ex partner of 9 months. I’m having difficulty navigating how to cope with the lack of closure. All of my actions have been twisted and I am being told that I have used her and led her on. During the relationship I gave all of my efforts to show her that I was a caring partner, and on her end self admittedly she states that I stayed for too long. There is way too much to dig into why I have stayed and put up with what I had, but the hardest part is knowing that the way that she feels is founded on resentment and her coping mechanism to cut me out completely. I recently found out not even 24 hours after our breakup that she is using an online dating site, and this part of things is really hard. I guess I just want some help navigating this breakup and finding ways to stay emotionally healthy without ruminating on all of this.
Woolspinner2000
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

Welcome NateBeeWelcome new member (click to insert in post)

I'm really glad that you have joined our online family to find support and care after leaving the relationship that you were in. It's quite the experience, a tearing away from someone that you were close to. I'm very sorry that you have gone through this.

What were some of the aspects of the relationship that you found particularly difficult? I think the fact that she was already looking for someone else would be really tough. That would hurt anyone. When someone has bpd traits, they're especially looking for someone to fill the empty place they have inside. Perhaps her 'self-soothing' was to quickly move on so she didn't feel so bad about the ending of your relationship. What do you think?

Wools 

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  -C.S. Lewis
Inside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 10:39:43 AM »

Those with BPD develop extraordinary skills of projecting their behavior toward partners.  It keeps you off balance, while doubting yourself, as they continue moving on ...if several BPD steps ahead..  

Closure is never their goal, the best in life they can do is maintain a stable of potential and former lovers.  Both sick, and sad, you simply need out.  Pulling the same con on everyone, they’ll simply stick around longer and return more often to those with something left to give.  Parasitical.

You’ve described the BPD modus operandi: become the person you want most, work that until a deeper r/s is required or expected … all the time actively planning and seeking a replacement - while tossing ‘reasons’ at you as to ‘why it’s not working.’ or is your fault.  Preemptive blame, and a total disregard for your commitment or feelings.

That’s what you, if not everyone around here - have experienced … as we’re all at different stages of recovery..  

My advice: learn, to the extent you conclude, it wasn’t you.  Break all contact with this person, forever.  Seek a relationship that is not exhausting, one that’s ‘requirements’ cause you to grow in a healthy direction, toward a truly shared goal.  Allow for sadness, but learn from it.

Eventually, you’ll have obtained a Superpower!  That of spotting, not only BPD’s, but their ‘cluster B’ equivalents…  Then you get to warn/ inform your friends about the same.  No pain, no gain - applies to both physical and emotional damage.  Heal  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest