Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 10:45:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 years no contact and the email I want to send my ex-wife  (Read 393 times)
Ren12

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 17, 2021, 12:27:17 AM »

I think about you every day. It's not that I need you. It's more like I haven't found anyone as attractive to me as I had found you. Your smile, elbrow raise, PLEASE READ that drove me wild. Making you laugh, did I ever love making you laugh. I still hear your laugh as my mind plays a new memory we will never have in the physical sense. So wild you left. To someone that has made you happier. Soo wild, I am happy you found someone. I am thankful I met someone that made me happy. It may of not always looked like it to you, but I was truely happy, as I am right now. Life makes me happy. You knew I was in it, thick or thin, broken or fixed. I truely loved you. You are a different person now and I have accepted that. I am thankful I had the person you were for part of my life. I am a different person too. I enjoy picking apart the financial world. A financial technician persay. I also enjoy my airplane job. Victoria is truely breathtaking. I get to walk around this island everyday and then fly over it. I have everything mentally I want from life, except the feeling I got when I was with you. I may feel that again, or not, but I am thankful.  I just wanted to tell you all that. Time does not necessarily mean forget, nor does it mean I regret absolutely anything. You may hate me, but you make every choice in your life. I am happy with a lot of my choices. You were one of them. I wish I was worth your time to tell me what I meant to you. Am I like one of those girls I have been with but forgotten? Or was I part of your life that is hard to shake memories of? You don't have to answer that. Haha. Your choice.
Sappho11

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 11:23:12 AM »

What kind of answer are you hoping for? Why?

What about the woman who's made you happy since?
brighter future

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 12:05:02 PM »

I wrote a similar letter to my uBPD ex-g/f of almost two years about 6 weeks after our breakup. My letter contained similar feelings that you stated in your post above. We've been broken up for just over 14 months now.

Perhaps my biggest question was how could I go from being her everything, the man of her dreams to someone that "dragged her down" virtually overnight. I asked her that question in the days following the breakup (before I wrote the letter), and she couldn't answer me. All I got from her was, "I can't answer that. I don't have the energy for that and can't answer any questions." After several months of self-reflection and counseling, I began to accept the fact that I was never going to get any closure from her. My closure had to come from within. I never mailed that letter to her that I just told you about because I realized that sending it would make no difference in the outcome. However, I will say that writing the letter was very therapeutic for me as it allowed me to get all of those feelings out of my head. I threw away the hard copy that I printed out not that long ago. The electronic copy is still saved on my computer, and I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to let that go as well.

Best wishes on what you decide to do, and I hope you get the closure that you're looking for.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 12:14:06 PM by brighter future » Logged
Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »

Hey Ren12, Does your Ex suffer from BPD?  It's hard to tell from your post.

Presumably you parted ways and ended your marriage for good reasons.  What are the reasons?

As brighter future suggests, I recommend putting that email on the back burner without sending it.

Six years is a long period of N/C.  As Sappho asks, what are you hoping to accomplish if you decide to send it out?

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest