Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:54:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First post  (Read 707 times)
Daughter_of_BP
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Married

« on: July 20, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »

Hi all, I'm new here and grateful to have found a community of individuals who may have experienced some of the same things I have with a family member with BPD. I realized my Mom has BPD within the last year. I always knew something was off, and that I felt an enormous amount of stress and anxiety in my childhood and even now in my adult life, but it was not until recently that I stumbled upon the BPD explanation. I am now in the process of trying to educate myself so that I can change my thoughts, feelings, and actions to be more proactive than reactive, and ultimately begin to heal. I am extremely lucky to have a supportive spouse who is on this journey with me, and who is also involved in learning and growing. My mother's BPD affects not only me, but my husband as well, our marriage, and our child. So I am grateful he and I are facing this as a team.

Looking forward to participating in this community. Thanks.
lexicat

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 05:46:09 PM »

Welcome! You found the right place  Smiling (click to insert in post) I first came here in 2005 and it really helped me when I needed it the most. I've come back over the years and always get great support. I'm back this week due to new information I learned about my BPD mom and it's really helping. I hope you find it as helpful as I have and I'm glad you've got a great husband on your team. Keep this page bookmarked! 

Lexicat
Methuen

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 11:59:10 PM »

Welcome Daughter of BP Welcome new member (click to insert in post)
Excerpt
I am now in the process of trying to educate myself so that I can change my thoughts, feelings, and actions to be more proactive than reactive, and ultimately begin to heal. I am extremely lucky to have a supportive spouse who is on this journey with me, and who is also involved in learning and growing.
This sounds like you have already done a lot of work.  It is good to hear you have a supportive spouse on this journey with you.  I am grateful that I have the same.  You and I are indeed fortunate, as many people must navigate this journey alone.

Again, welcome!

sp|ne

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »

Hello.  I am in a similiar boat.  I haven't posted on a message board in a long time but maybe I will post here a little.

I am so lonely when it comes to this.  No one understands and I have a hard time explaining it to people.  My sister is barely coming out of denial.  My dad has ASD and is empathetic to a degree, but gets angry when I talk about my BPD mom a lot.

I wish you well on your healing journey, know that you are not alone.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest