Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 31, 2024, 11:45:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Don't leave me..."  (Read 420 times)
Invictus01

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 07, 2022, 06:46:26 PM »

After dumping me on Wednesday and me walking away without a word, got this earlier today.

"Please don't hate me and ignore me. You need to know I care about you so much and we should talk about that too. I think there were a lot of assumptions made between the two of us and we need to talk about it"

Been thinking about all this. I don't wanna be mean, I don't wanna be nice. Probably should just ignore and that's it. There will be a new dude there shortly if there isn't one already.
Rev
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »

After dumping me on Wednesday and me walking away without a word, got this earlier today.

"Please don't hate me and ignore me. You need to know I care about you so much and we should talk about that too. I think there were a lot of assumptions made between the two of us and we need to talk about it"

Been thinking about all this. I don't wanna be mean, I don't wanna be nice. Probably should just ignore and that's it. There will be a new dude there shortly if there isn't one already.

I always responded to messages like this one with as few words as possible; no more than 6 words if possible. I got a few in the two months following her ending the marriage.

Zero words seems appropriate here.

Rev
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 09:57:41 PM »

It's a test to see if you really love and value her. After my one and only recycle, she texted, "if you loved someone you'd fight for them!" Uh, I thought, you dumped me. I was quickly making plans to move out and ignoring her desire to remain friends (she didn't want to lose me, but it was more than that).

Recycles take two to tango, no victims in that dynamic. I've been there, and tried years later (with two kids by then). Though hurt and angry, if you're done you're done. If not, move to the Bettering Board.

The less said, the better. Give no targets. Coldly ghosting might elicit more drama, and surely that's a choice, but it might be good to put it to rest with a little words as possible. Brief, Informative, Friendly, Firm.

Think Spock. Efficient and logical, no mention of your emotions (which invites a conversation). Less is more.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest