Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:29:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My girlfriend and I  (Read 235 times)
SadArtith-Medic
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Girlfriend

« on: December 06, 2022, 08:49:35 PM »

Dear Whoever is reading this,

Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
      My girlfriend and I have been together for just a few weeks shy of two years. We just had a heated fight over something that wasn't that important. We had differing opinions on something and I rolled my eyes. That turned her fury up and she ended our call and blocked me. I was nasty and mean and I disrespected her opinion. I feel think I really hurt her. She's blocked me once before but this seems different. I feel like I'm going to lose her because I'm stupid and I can't control myself in an argument. I just. I don't even know if it was her BPD or if she was just sick of me. I understand why she is. I feel like I make her feel bad or like she's a bad person. She has a hard time understanding her feelings so when she's angry or hurting or upset, it comes out as rage. I love her so much. I don't know how long she will give me the silent treatment. It could be a few days. I just, I just want her to feel okay. I want her to know that she's not a bad person. I took her for granted and I hurt her with my actions and immaturity. Have any of you ever done that? Did they ever come back to you? Thank you for reading
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 11:25:43 AM »

Hello SadArtith-Medic, welcome to the group. Glad you reached out for support and understanding at this time.

It's good you're able to see some areas where your actions may have contributed to her feeling hurt. While "broadly normal" people can typically discuss feeling hurt at eyerolling etc, and then move on, highly sensitive, emotionally volatile people, such as pwBPD, may hang onto that incident and/or experience extreme distress. That's not to excuse her behaviors, more to offer an explanation that pwBPD can be extremely sensitive and reactive to things that generally normal people can process and move past.

It makes sense to give both of you some space and time to cool off. It wouldn't surprise me if she were open to reconnecting -- what did that look like last time she blocked you, how long did she seem to need after that?

One more brief question to understand your situation more; you mention:

I don't even know if it was her BPD or if she was just sick of me...

does she have an official diagnosis of BPD, or more traits/behaviors but no diagnosis? What led you to suspecting BPD at play?

Let us know how the last few days have been for you;

kells76
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest