Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 17, 2024, 11:40:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicity and chaos breed mindlessness  (Read 276 times)
Tupla Sport

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: December 17, 2022, 03:50:33 AM »

Mindlessness, as in "opposite of mindfullness".

The two years of mayhem really did a number on me. It was like all the chaos of my family of origin that I had been carrying with me was justified, amplified and put to the fore. Four months out and she still lives in my head, rent-free. Part of me feels sad, part of me wants to inflict violence on her, seeing her as an existential threat. Especially as she lives in my neighbourhood and frequents the same places as I do.

I did a tarot reading yesterday and the reflections made me realize the emotional infidelity spanned a horrific amount of time. Her duplicity made me feel conflicted about it for a long while. A part of me insisted that she made an impulsive leap into my replacement's arms but I know now that it was more premeditated than she let on.

She even left me with an argument that sounds like circular reasoning. She told me that she had had multiple conversations with different people and they all defaulted to her "realizing" we were simply not happy together. Well, if you only tell people you're unhappy with someone, they might tell you you are unhappy in the relationship. Her nearest and dearest certainly had no idea about our plight. So it's evident she used this flimsy circular argument to cover the fact that she had secured a new supply and wanted to get rid of me.

Which is fine. She is a bad egg and I hope she stops ruining people's lives sooner rather than later.
NotAHero

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In the recycling phase

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »

The two years of mayhem really did a number on me. It was like all the chaos of my family of origin that I had been carrying with me was justified, amplified and put to the fore. Four months out and she still lives in my head, rent-free. Part of me feels sad, part of me wants to inflict violence on her, seeing her as an existential threat. Especially as she lives in my neighbourhood and frequents the same places as I do.

I did a tarot reading yesterday and the reflections made me realize the emotional infidelity spanned a horrific amount of time. Her duplicity made me feel conflicted about it for a long while. A part of me insisted that she made an impulsive leap into my replacement's arms but I know now that it was more premeditated than she let on.

She even left me with an argument that sounds like circular reasoning. She told me that she had had multiple conversations with different people and they all defaulted to her "realizing" we were simply not happy together. Well, if you only tell people you're unhappy with someone, they might tell you you are unhappy in the relationship. Her nearest and dearest certainly had no idea about our plight. So it's evident she used this flimsy circular argument to cover the fact that she had secured a new supply and wanted to get rid of me.

Which is fine. She is a bad egg and I hope she stops ruining people's lives sooner rather than later.

You have to keep in mind that they cannot form real bonds, they are not wired to do so. When the cycle reaches the devaluation phase, they will have someone on the back burner. They forget you quickly like you never existed because they never had a true bond with you in the first place.

There is a lot of political correctness about the disorder, that it’s treatable and that they can love someone. 

Based on my experience and knowledge, they have diminished emotional capacity and organic lack of empathy. Treatment is limited to reducing their destructive behavior, but if you are looking for a faithful, loving partner, look elsewhere. 
NotAHero

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In the recycling phase

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 11:04:30 PM »

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=352242.msg13170273#msg13170273

Read this original post. The guy who put it together many years ago helped me greatly when I was in doubt. I saw everything he said unfold just like looking into a crystal ball. Was assuring in helping me getting over it completely afterwards.
Tupla Sport

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 12:54:57 AM »

You have to keep in mind that they cannot form real bonds, they are not wired to do so. When the cycle reaches the devaluation phase, they will have someone on the back burner. They forget you quickly like you never existed because they never had a true bond with you in the first place.

Yes. It is easy to not grasp the extent of their emotional inability. Especially when you have experienced the love-bombing, future-faking and everything. A lot of their behavior mimics sincere feelings of bonding and love.

My ex even tried to play the reasonable empathetic adult when breaking up with me after pulling a hoax on me. Their dedication to their mask is insidious and bordering on the Machiavellian. Their rational minds seem to rarely grasp it and I think that is a large part of why it is so confusing to everyone, including themselves. They can't help it and much of the time must not even be aware of what they're doing.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest