Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 30, 2024, 02:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question with breakup  (Read 272 times)
Dino55
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ex wife

« on: December 19, 2022, 08:18:49 AM »

My wife who I was with for 10 years suddenly completely changed after her mom passed away. It was about three months after her mom's passing and she started with depression, became cold and distant.

Then one day she completely changed looked at me and said I ruined her life I was controlling she had resentment towards me and didn't know if she loved me anymore. She gave me silent treatment and was cold and distant for almost 2 months no sex no affection. After the two months she came out of it and said she didn't remeber how she treated me or what she said. Everything was okay for around 9 months and then all of a sudden I started seeing mood swings again, becoming cold and distant and not wanting to see me or go out together.

We went to dinner and she told me she loved me and everything was okay and the next day she said she wanted a divorce. Shortly after that I found out she monkey branched to another guy who she would never ever have interest in and is now infatuated with him. She moved out and our realtionship is over.

There has been no charming that I know of except she has lied to everyone and anyone about her actions and our seperation. We were inseparable for almost 10 years and then her mom passed away and she has taken on a new identity and personality.

She had a horrible childhood filled with emotional family abuse and domestic violence issues.

How is it possible we were inseparable for 10 years best friends amazing marriage and then all of a sudden she hates me, cheats moves in with a new BF, leaves me and acts like I never existed to her. I am completely devastated I feel like I'm in a nightmare. We have been NC for 3 months.

SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 03:25:18 PM »

My wife who I was with for 10 years suddenly completely changed after her mom passed away. It was about three months after her mom's passing and she started with depression, became cold and distant.

Then one day she completely changed looked at me and said I ruined her life I was controlling she had resentment towards me and didn't know if she loved me anymore. She gave me silent treatment and was cold and distant for almost 2 months no sex no affection. After the two months she came out of it and said she didn't remeber how she treated me or what she said. Everything was okay for around 9 months and then all of a sudden I started seeing mood swings again, becoming cold and distant and not wanting to see me or go out together.

We went to dinner and she told me she loved me and everything was okay and the next day she said she wanted a divorce. Shortly after that I found out she monkey branched to another guy who she would never ever have interest in and is now infatuated with him. She moved out and our realtionship is over.

There has been no charming that I know of except she has lied to everyone and anyone about her actions and our seperation. We were inseparable for almost 10 years and then her mom passed away and she has taken on a new identity and personality.

She had a horrible childhood filled with emotional family abuse and domestic violence issues.

How is it possible we were inseparable for 10 years best friends amazing marriage and then all of a sudden she hates me, cheats moves in with a new BF, leaves me and acts like I never existed to her. I am completely devastated I feel like I'm in a nightmare. We have been NC for 3 months.

Dino, welcome to the fam.  Welcome new member (click to insert in post). I am happy you found us, but of course sorry for the circumstances that led to you having to seek us out. This will be a great resource for you and also a safe place.

So, I am not so sure this is Borderline behavior. Unfortunately, her mother's passing was a huge trigger. There is a lot to unpack. Obviously grief is playing a huge role and there could be some post traumatic stress at play as well. Impossible to say for sure. All I can tell you is to keep coming back here. Keep sharing. Vent. Ask questions. We have your back here.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest