Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 07:07:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think people with BPD don't have souls  (Read 574 times)
FionaCPD1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 22, 2023, 12:56:43 PM »

I'm going through a divorce, and I want to scream.  I am losing over 130k because I married this loser without a pre-nup.  He wore a complete mask when we were dating. 

When my sister was getting divorced, and her ex asked for her retirement even though he had millions in retirement; my pwBPD commented on "what an a**hole" and how less of man.  But now that he's in the seat, he's a selfish sponge who's taking my retirement.  I worked since I was 15 so this is money I earned; and he can take it because he knows how to work the system.  "Don't put money in your retirement; just take ex's".  And he has lots of credit card debit too; he's giving me half of that.  He has no shame or empathy; but he loves to whine about how this divorce is soo hard for him.  Poor baby is financially gaining from verbally and emotionally abusing me for years.

F**k these people.  Their disorder is to be self-obsessed, whiny parasites who will never grow up. 

Lessons to learn from my mistakes.
1) Never get married
2) Run from anyone who has BPD or BPD in their family because they are grenades waiting to exploded.
Couscous

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 05:00:37 PM »

It’s criminal really, and sounds like he may also have some psychopathic traits too.

I’m so very sorry you are going through this but glad you are getting out. It takes a lot of courage to exit an abusive relationship and you will get through this!
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 05:49:21 PM »

I don't know whether this is correct history, but the gist I've read is that the source of "Borderline" is that the person has perceptions and behavior that are in-between being actionable and not, insane and not, in other words, isn't quite disordered enough to be institutionalized.  That leaves those of us in close contact with them in a sort of in-between zone, sometimes actionable, sometimes not.

PearlsBefore

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 07:42:48 PM »

I don't know whether this is correct history, but the gist I've read is that the source of "Borderline" is that the person has perceptions and behavior that are in-between being actionable and not, insane and not, in other words, isn't quite disordered enough to be institutionalized.  That leaves those of us in close contact with them in a sort of in-between zone, sometimes actionable, sometimes not.

Officially it's the borderline between neurosis and psychosis, not fitting neatly into either category holding elements of each - but there's a parallel use of "borderline schizophrenia" in older texts which just merged into the etymology of the borderline between N&P.

Cast not your pearls before swine, lest they trample them, and turn and rend you. --- I live in libraries; if you find an academic article online that you can't access but might help you - send me a Private Message.
Couscous

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 11:05:12 PM »

He may not have BPD at all. Lack of empathy, exploitation and parasitic lifestyle are not symptoms of BPD -- they are symptoms of psychopathy.  Of course there's always the possibility that he could have both disorders.
yellowbutterfly

Relationship status: DIVORCED and in recovery from PTSD

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 01:22:45 PM »

hi Fiona

I feel like I could have written this statement.

I'm going through a divorce, and I want to scream.  I am losing over 130k because I married this loser without a pre-nup.  He wore a complete mask when we were dating. 

I'm going through a very similar situation > he wore that dating mask of vulnerability,  he coned me, he abused me, and he is bankrupting me by dragging out the divorce and I didn't get a prenup either. I regret ever meeting him but I'm trying to work through it all in intensive therapy. He also left me with severe PTSD.

IT IS NOT FAIR TO US, you have every right to be angry as do I.
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 02:57:25 PM »

Laws vary from state to state, and even legal advice can vary from lawyer to lawyer.  That's one of the reasons we encourage consultations with more than one lawyer before retaining one.  Not all lawyers have the experience and proactive perspective that our difficult cases need.  That way you can hear a range of legal strategies.

In some states you may not have to split debts down the middle.  If your spouse has squandered money and created debts, especially new debts after filing for divorce, then ask your lawyer whether the court can rule that each spouse pay their own debts.

FionaCPD1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 10:28:58 PM »

Thank you for your response on "inbetween-zones", ForeverDad.  Whether he's BPD with or without psychopathic traits; I don't care anymore.  He's an a** with and without the mental illness; lies, no intregity, no empathy.

One thing I've gain from this experience is humility.  My mom watches Dateline and any time I heard a story about a women who married a loser and was conned; I thought "Well I'm too smart for that to ever happen to me".  There but for the grace of god go I.  At least he didn't kill me.

I'm in a “equitable distribution” state, which means the court won't simply divide marital property evenly. Rather than splitting everything 50/50, they look at each party's current situation and future needs.  Yet, my experience is that the judge will divide it 50/50; because it's easier and quickly clears this case off her docket.

This is a an awful experience and yet I know it will get better.  It so unjust.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest