Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 10:51:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to calm down  (Read 412 times)
thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

Formerly known as broken person…

« on: April 09, 2023, 05:08:17 AM »

I have locked myself in the toilet following my wife’s tantrum over making Easter cornflake cakes. She got angry at a couple of suggestions I made and threw the saucepan on the floor and the bowl of cornflakes got my daughter on its’ way to the floor. Cornflakes everywhere. I am so angry that she has these tantrums and trying to calm myself. I can hear the children out there having fun with my wife now. I don’t want to go out. At times like this I hate her so much.

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Chief Drizzt

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 09:27:18 AM »

Sorry you are in this situation - I always dread holidays and am praying today doesn’t end in disaster.  I can’t remember when I had a good Christmas or Easter celebration.  Holidays make living with someone with PBD extremely difficult.  Hang in there!
Husband2014

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 01:25:32 PM »

I’m really sorry you’re dealing with this. Hang in there. I would leave the house for a drive vs just lock yourself. Maybe go see a movie or a nice walk? You owe it to yourself.
thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

Formerly known as broken person…

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 01:56:23 PM »

Thank you chief Drizzt and husband2014. I was so angry with myself for forgetting to NEVER make any suggestions especially on a day that is supposed to be a happy occasion! I guess I got a bit complacent there and forgot to walk on eggshells for a moment. My wife did get over it relatively quickly (I cleaned up of course). We then had a discussion where she shouted lots about how I’d ruined the day. She expressed that I should never interfere with what she’s doing and I expressed that I would like it if we didn’t raise our voices in front of the children. Of course she comes back with the fact that I do sometimes shout at the children. I said that I always appreciate her feedback where she thinks I could be a better parent as I’m 100% committed to that. So I said my intention is that I won’t shout at them. And it really is. They don’t need any more instability in their lives. Husband2014, I would like to leave the house but I don’t usually because of the kids. When I was first in this relationship I used to go out alone, but then would be crying, texting, calling her. If I could go back to those times I’d go have a nice cake and coffee alone and get my nails done. And that is what I’ll do when the kids are older. Or maybe they’ll choose to come with me…

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest