Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 12:46:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do BPD spouses actually file divorce or all talk?  (Read 4260 times)
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2023, 02:52:24 PM »

She is surely expecting you to "enable" her plans.  Ponder over all the things you've said, or may say, or may do.  You can't sign for anything that would enable to proceed either selling the current home (except to you) or buying a new home.

At some point you'll have to set boundaries, a firm "No" before she pressures you to go too far down her enabled road.

mikejones75093

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2023, 12:14:12 AM »

She is surely expecting you to "enable" her plans.  Ponder over all the things you've said, or may say, or may do.  You can't sign for anything that would enable to proceed either selling the current home (except to you) or buying a new home.

At some point you'll have to set boundaries, a firm "No" before she pressures you to go too far down her enabled road.

I agree with you.  She's basically been in control since she hired an attorney.  I just can't decide if not seeing my kids half the time, and the possibility of some other guy being in my daughter's life is worth leaving the marriage.

She told the kids they are moving but she never mentioned it's without me.  My daughter was so excited to go look at homes. When we talked of course I've been a horrible person for the last 10 years and she's amazing and has done everything for me and the family. So now it's up to her to get her own house and show our daughter what hard work is and how to be independent and not controlled by a terrible man.

If I put my foot down and set boundaries I can't tell if she'll start to respect me or tell her attorney to file.  In the past when I did she got normal real quick.

And she seems way too happy and acting like everything is normal.  This is the worst crap I've ever gone through.  I was up all night.

Last week she took time off but we stayed local instead of going on vacation.  She was in a great  mood last night and this morning but found out her employer didn't pay her for the time off.  So she called to say it was my fault and thank me for ruining her vacation time and not taking her somewhere.  It's just nuts.   

So I'm trying to figure out if I set boundaries  that will probably make her file and if that's really what I want.

Or maybe I'm just acting weak letting her push me around like this
mikejones75093

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2023, 06:44:16 AM »

I'm just at a loss and it's very upsetting to me.

She hasn't raged at all over any of this.   She is acting normal and happy, and when I confront her she doesn't get angry.  All she does is tell me she tried for 10 years, and for 10 years I've ruined our marriage and treated her like a second class citizen.   It goes in circled and of course I start defending myself.

I originally went silent on her for about 4 days that's when she filed.  So I'm torn between confronting her with the issues, even though she's acting like nothings wrong,  she's just moving and I'm welcome to come but she's not staying.

It feels like I'm just getting tossed aside.  10 years and adios.  She doesn't even seem emotional about it. 

So now with my pride I'm upset and pissed off, like why would I stick around for someone that doesn't care about me?  She's telling me this is what's best for her and her mental health.  After all somebody talked bad to her on Facebook again yesterday so she can't stay in this town.

My emotions are up and down.  After that conversation I have nothing to say to her.  We passed this morning and I walked right by her and didn't even look over.  I'm sure somehow this will come back to screw me but I just don't have anything to say to her. 

Basically, she's acting normal, I'm the one all emotional and up and down.  This script really has flipped.

I'm trying to figure out if I should act normal like everything is good with me or keep confronting her. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest