Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 186 times)
Outdorenthusiast

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married - uBPDw

The road is narrow…

« on: December 25, 2023, 04:49:37 AM »

To all those who will likely experience a BPD meltdown today, know that you are a good person, and you are appreciated, and we get it.  Feel free to share your experience (positive or negative) if it helps.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

SaltyDawg

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Moderately High Conflict Marriage (improving)

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 12:03:09 AM »

The more stressful aspects of Christmas have gone by uneventful, we still have to visit my family in a different state starting tomorrow for a 3 day trip, so it is not over yet...

Since last Christmas, I have set firm boundaries... My boundaries are all based on "all abuse must stop" - the physical abuse has stopped, the verbal rages have been dramatically reduced, however, other forms of emotional and psychological abuse are still present, at a reduced rate; however, it is still very impactful.

My children are beginning to thrive, and with a lot of careful planning, and an excessive amount of support from me (I know most of her triggers and I headed off each one of them well in advance) my wife has managed to navigate Christmas without blowing up, and my children, especially my eldest is also familiar with her triggers and has managed to navigate them quite well as well.  My son, is getting some ideas on this too, so he knows to settle down, when I can sense pre-triggering in my wife and ask him to 'chill', or 'zip it'.

I will update when that out of town trip is finished.

Take care with self-care.

SD 

thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Married

Formerly known as broken person…

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 04:39:01 PM »

Outdoor Enthusiast,

I echo the same feelings, I feel deeply for all of you here and know that anyone who makes it to bpd family as a bpd caretaker is a good person who has actually made far too much effort to please their pwbpd, basically the opposite of what that pwbpd is prone to tell (or scream at) us, that we’re not good enough in whatever way. I hope Christmas went well for you. Ours has been blessedly uneventful, I think it’s because little man S1 is running on chocolate instead of sleep which seems to be far less stressful for my wife (as he sleeps in her arms most of the time).

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest