Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 07, 2024, 05:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My situation  (Read 1451 times)
Cos
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together

« on: April 02, 2024, 04:06:16 PM »

First, I am so relieved to have found this site and thank those who started it.
My situation.
I have been in a seven year relationship with someone I dearly love.  For years we have had a lack of communication other than acknowledging we have issues.  During those years we have traveled, vacationed and gone about life.  I have supported her, her children and her dreams.  But something was always missing and I knew from the start it was there.
We broke up for several months and I moved on with my life in my townhouse.  It was her decision and the ending was traumatic for me.  Throughout that time I was always hoping she would have me back and she called and so began phase two.  I knew I could never love her as before because being abandoned took it's tool.  It was not my first feeling of being abandoned.
 That said, I still loved her so I returned, eventually sold my home and moved in.  I still had doubts on her sincerity.  I could never read her mind or emotions which she admits is an issue with her.

So, why am I here.  After years of trying to understand her I found this site because we are now in crisis mode and she wants to end it again.  I now longer have my home so am VERY anxious.
C's came from a very dysfunctional family with eight children,  Her father was a bipolar severe symptoms, often disappearing for days, drinking etc.  Her mother was not really engaged.  
C's daughter is also bipolar with manic episodes and refuses to medicate.  One brother died from alcohol and depressions.  Another sister died from self neglect and poor self esteem.  Another brother is a reformed alcoholic.  Another sister suffers from extreme depression.  
When I mentioned this to C,  she claims she had a normal, maybe not so happy childhood.  
I could go on but that is is baseline of her.  My baseline was like Ozzie and Harriet and I was the Beave.  
I am older by eight years.
At any rate, I started reading about BPD but the symptoms did not match her behavior.  Then I found Quiet BPD and bingo, every thing made sense.  On one link, she checked all the boxes.  Not surprisingly she rejected it.  
I should mention that she has attended AAA and most recently been engaged in counseling. I should also mention that she has given up on her daughter after she attempted suicide three time.  It all adds up to me that she lacks empathy.
So, now she wants me out....again and if I am right about the Quiet BPD, is in denial.
The problem I have is who to believe?  Is she just fine and I am wacko or am I right by observing her QuietBPD behavior for seven  years, feeling something has a deeper root?  

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 05:10:53 PM by kells76, Reason: removed real name per confidentiality guidelines » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 04:37:38 PM »

Hello Cos and Welcome

After years of trying to understand her I found this site because we are now in crisis mode and she wants to end it again.  I now longer have my home so am VERY anxious.

Sounds like something changed? What happened?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest