Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 12:50:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are on a break  (Read 1210 times)
EastAtlanta

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Living together, in a relationship, but she wants space

« on: April 05, 2024, 06:45:36 PM »

Good afternoon, Its been a roller coaster since my last post and things have escalated, devolved and changed for the better? or the worse, I dont know yet. So she took a random trip last minute 2 hours away for 4 days and booked a hotel room with a friend of hers, who is married with 3 kids and and she and her just hung out to get away, and on friday last week she called me and said that she wanted to work on the relationship that she realized she had things to work on and that she needed to try harder to make me feel wanted. this was great, I was overjoyed and i even planned this big home coming surprise with flowers, balloons, notes, candies, candles, and I even made her a shrine of sorts for the cat that we lost over a year ago now. he was her baby, i even went as far to go back to our old house and i dug up his grave and moved him to our house that we bought and set up a plant above him so she can go talk to him, and water his plant and know that he is giving it life to grow. I was met with tears of joy and happiness, but something felt majorly off, she was standoffish and almost reluctant to be around me which was weird and this week it has devolved to the point that we are now on a break. for an undisclosed amount of time and it confuses me, because she still seems to want me around her and checks in on me even when i am trying to grow individually and give her the space that she claims she needs to become independent. I think this will work in the end but i need to learn how to prevent this from ever happening again, or any advice on how i should proceed, I set up my boundaries for her on what is and what is not okay.  I am waiting on her right now to let me know a good time frame for her for us to be able to talk about potentially reconciling. any advice helps guys please let me know!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest