Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 08:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My girlfriend is always mad at me and makes everything my fault, i need help  (Read 265 times)
itstsumi
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: dating

« on: May 22, 2024, 03:16:49 PM »

Hello im writing this in my 5th period actually Laugh out loud (click to insert in post), Im 16 years old, i got with my girlfriend around 10 months ago, we were both 15 and now were 16. for some backstory, she was a girl ive had eyes on for MONTHSS and we talked for around 4 months before making things official, this isnt a girl i can just let go.

In the beginning, there wasnt that much signs of her having BPD, as the relationship went on, ive obviously made mistakes like any other and i have ADD myself, i have trouble concentrating and remembering things. my girlfriend is extremely jealous and i currently have 0 female friends, i follow 0 girls on instagram/any social media except for her, she still follows guys on instagram when she had communicated she wanted me to unfollow girls, and i did so without any issue.
Since around late november she had been starting to show the signs of BPD. She gets mad at me very constantly for things that i cant truly control, she tells me the tiniest thing like for example, she told me she ate pasta earlier in the day, and when we talk the next day i ask what she had ate the day before, then she starts yelling and getting angry with me explaining that i dont listen to her and she just wants someone to remember ALL of the little things that she tells me, but i just have an issue with recalling things, i swear i do genuinely listen to the girl, thats my life, i dont talk to any of my friends i am not close with my family and she doesnt understand im crazy about her. CRAZY. if it were anyone else, oh trust me. they would have been left her.
She is insanely jealous and if i were to hang out with my friends for just a day, shed ignore me and tell me to have fun with "whoever im with" when i quite literally specify to her who im with, where we go, i send her pictures every 20 minutes and she still cant trust me, i dont know what to do, im sorry im just venting here on this website it just has gotten alot for me, i try my best i alwayssss buy her things i spend hundreds on her every month, i pour my heart into her and i genuinely try my best. I just need a source to tell these things to. i cant talk to anybody about this. NOBODY, all i have is my girlfriend.
I really dont know what to do for her. i always send her LONGGG ass paragraphs telling her i love her so much, i give her very constant reassurance and i just dont know what to do anymore, we facetime EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. and we sleep ON call together and if i were to ever not want to, shed find a big problem with it and tell me she needs to stop giving me her energy, my friends have told me their girlfriends never be like this, all of them are fine with my friends going out, they dont consistently get angry at them for not remembering what they ate a week ago, i just dont know what to do and i want to make things work with this woman more than anything. im still a 16 year old in highschool and want to spend eternity with this woman. i dont even know if anyone is going to read any of this. Theres a lot more i can say i just cant say it all.  Paragraph header  (click to insert in post) Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 09:32:29 PM »

itsumi,

A non-reciprocal relationship is draining and tough, and with someone showing traits of BPD, tougher.

It's great that you reached out for support, but membership and participation on this board are for members 18 and up per guidelinesThis is to keep minors safe.

There are resources of the type you're seeking. Please check out www.teenhelp.org and Resources for BPD Sufferers.

I would also like to encourage you to talk to your school counselor or school social worker about your struggles right now.  Having a person to confide in can be very helpful.

Lastly, you can glean info from the Lessons at the top of this board  Being cool (click to insert in post)

I wish you well with your gf.  Validation is helpful and it's a skill those of us here much older are still learning and practicing. I wouldn't also ever suggest to her that she has BPD and be mindful to encourage her to get help as it might trigger BPD shame.

Best,

Turkish
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:34:25 PM by Turkish » Logged

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest