Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 18, 2024, 07:31:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't cope anymore with sisters BPD  (Read 309 times)
Lmg
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Sister

« on: July 27, 2024, 02:43:02 PM »

I cannot cope anymore with my sister's BPD the worrying messages mood swings self harm I just can't deal anymore. I already lost a sister tragically(murdered) and a parent who also had a nervous breakdown I feel I'm at my wits end
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 10:41:24 AM »

Hello Lmg and Welcome

One tragedy after another would be too much for anyone to cope with. I feel for you with the profound losses that you've experienced in your family  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

If you're up for it, tell me a little more about your family structure right now. It's you, your sister with BPD traits, and a parent? Anyone else in the family?

Can I ask how old you and your sister are (if you're comfortable answering), and what your sister's relationship with your parent is like?

The dynamic where one sibling is tacitly "expected" to "manage" a sibling wBPD is a common phenomenon around here. Do you feel like that expectation was there on you? If so, where do you think it came from?

As you settle in here and get comfortable, I want to encourage you to take a look at our
"Family member with BPD"
lessons/resources. One part in Lesson 1 that struck me as relevant was this paragraph:

Excerpt
We need to have a minimum of safety and strength in order to cope with the present, deal with the past, and set a better future in motion. Taking care of ourselves is a radical notion for many with a BPD family member, as we have often been taking care of our relative for much of our lives. Taking care means valuing our own well being and backing up that value with actions, like building our support system, taking time to exercise, and learning new tools to deal with unwanted feelings and thoughts. It means regaining control over our lives. Our sense of fear, our feelings of obligation, our massive guilt keeps us trapped and vulnerable to being manipulated and abused by the very people who claim to love us, as well as others. When we stand up for ourselves through and take care of ourselves to build our strength, we regain our self-respect and put our lives on a healthier path.

What do you think?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest