Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 20, 2024, 10:21:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't do it on my own and I'm stuck  (Read 298 times)
ElizaCo24
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together

« on: August 25, 2024, 03:22:31 PM »

Hello,
I am a female in a relationship with a BPD male who I think has some NPD and HC (high conflict). I want to leave but it is very complicated, or at least, I am scared and I can't seem to mobilize. We are not married and have no children but we co-own a business so that is/feels like a scary situation. I cannot conduct any type of conversation about co-managing the business away from the relationship. We can barely get through conversations without conflict or tension or criticism about simple things like a lack of groceries in the fridge. I don't really know what this platform is but I was googling to see if I could identify a therapist I might be able to contact and came across this site. If anyone reads this, thank you. And if anyone responds, also a heartfelt thank you.   
ElizaCo24
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 03:25:28 PM »

Hello,
I am a female in a relationship with a BPD male who I think has some NPD and HC (high conflict). I want to leave but it is very complicated, or at least, I am scared and I can't seem to mobilize. We are not married and have no children but we co-own a business so that is/feels like a scary situation. I cannot conduct any type of conversation about co-managing the business away from the relationship. We can barely get through conversations without conflict or tension or criticism about simple things like a lack of groceries in the fridge. I don't really know what this platform is but I was googling to see if I could identify a therapist I might be able to contact and came across this site. If anyone reads this, thank you. And if anyone responds, also a heartfelt thank you.   
P.S. I wanted to post this in the section regarding 'in a relationship I need to leave' but the thread was unavailable/archived.
HealthTeacher

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Trying to commit to breaking up

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 03:25:49 PM »

Keep looking for that therapist. You got this. You may also want to contact a lawyer. Things can get really messy and when it comes to legal stuff... there's a lot to consider. There is a good book/audiobook called "splitting" and it is about divorcing a person with BPD, NPD, ASPD.... and it has a LOT of advice... and legal things to consider.

Review these boards. Read some stories. You may relate and you may find some support here. Post as often as you need. We get it.
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 01:51:51 AM »

Hello,

Eliza, welcome to the fam.  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Please take your time and get used to the site.

Check out our library here...

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=45.0

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=36.0

Most importantly I encourage you to share as much as you want to and to ask as many questions as you need to while engaging with the community at large.

Please be kind to you and please take care of yourself.

Cheers and Best Wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest