Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 05:52:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My sincere thanks to all of you here on the Nook  (Read 568 times)
PDQuick
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Happily living with myself

Don't look outside for the answers within.

« on: February 12, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »

I have to start by saying that my past 13 years have been hell. I have never experienced such a selfish, cold, demoralizing person as my EXBPDg/f.

There are only a few good things that have come out of this hurt and mental hell that I have endured. First, is that I now have an understanding of what has transpired in my life. Hopefully to the point that I will never go back. I look forward that the hurting will stop, the healing will start, and the promising outlook of finding a wonderful, loving, healthy woman that I will appreciate more than before because of the experience that I have been through.

The second good thing that has come out of this is a little place that calls itself the NOOK. I have never seen so many loving, compassionate people that will take time out of their day and help someone that they dont even know. I have read alot of profiles here, (I am so inquisitive that it isnt funny) and found alot of people that just joined and alot that have been here for years. I see people that have moved past their relationships, onto new ones, and people who are in the middle of the hell that we know as BPD. I truly amazes me and humbles me that you all have the compassion and courage that you do. I dont know if many say this, but I feel so priveledged to be in your family and so lucky to have found you. Only you, "THE NOOK" can take a horrible experience and draw the most blessed outcome. The humanity, the love, caring compassionate words and feelings... I just stand in awe of you all. It has been the most gutwrenching time of my life and the time that has instilled the most love and trust in a heart that had given up on people. It is because of you all here that I think that I will get through this, and that humanity is good, and for that, I am eternally gratefull to each and every one of you. I only hope that I can bless your lives as you have blessed and touched mine.

thomaso61

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: divorced twice

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:37:32 AM »

BPDummy, I feel the same way. There are so many people here that have assisted me in getting over my BPDwife. There are too many names to mention, but they know who they are. I literally have had tears come to my eyes reading some of the responses I've received when I was in so much pain. I am here to tell you I am still alive, still kicking and recovering nicely. The pain has become less severe and only returns remotely if I think too much. Today, I spoke with one of my BPDwife's co-workers inadvertantley. I was calling to inquire about my W-2. I haven't got it yet. Anyway, he told me she is seeing someone else already. I didn't probe too much. He just divulged it to me.

It just goes to show you everything mentioned, stated ar discussed about BPD on this site is real and the mental illness definitely lives up to it's name. I told him, "I know." It's just par for the course. The mental illness is predictable to a degree. Everyone's stories are so similar. Some of us like to think we are different, but we aren't. I am glad to be getting out of Oz. Next year, it should be complete. I'll be able to move on and not look back. I'm forever greatful for the knowledge I've attained reading SWOE and the "Nook." It's truly been an eye opener for me and one of life's lessons that will stick with me for a lifetime.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest