Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 05:19:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspicious? Coincidence? Stalking?  (Read 346 times)
JaxWest

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 07, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »

Should I read this as coincidence or suspicious? Not the entire history by any means, but some snapshots of the weird behavor.

In chronological order:

A few coworkers, her and I go to dinner... They leave, she stays behind... .Beautiful summer day. She had walked 10 minutes and asked for a ride, which my car is 5 minutes away. She is very nervous... .Blushes... .stutters.

A couple of weeks later, she texted my coworker to watch a game... .Asked about my dating life... if I date much, am I in a good place to date.

The same week, I have a party. She is the last to leave and hangs out at my place... .We are alone, on the couch, she is cuddling in my blanket. I try to talk to her, but she gets nervous... .blushes and just says awkward things.

(I asked her out... .She said she was in the middle of getting back with an ex).

Cue the weird stuff... .

Three days later, I go to trivia (she never went until I said I go). This time, her coworker that is there said she texted and is “sick”. Then, gets another text that she is coming. She is definitely not sick. She is all in my personal space. Seems to want my attention.

The following week, she texted my coworker again to watch a game... .the same one she asked about my dating life and the same one that says that my name comes up frequently (he was out of town). He and I watch games a lot, so if he was in town, I would have been with him.

We started game watches for Thursday night... .

The 1st week, I told her that I would let her know if we watched a game. A few of my friends and I were going out to celebrate my birthday with dinner. I told her I would let her know if people would meet up to watch the game later. She invited herself to go out with my friends and I for dinner though (ones she barely knows).

Following week, she bumps into two different coworkers of mine (that she barely knows) on the street, wants to hang out with them at a kick boxing class (they decline and said it was awkward)

Really weird stuff... .

The next week we are alone, watching a game at the bar... .She is very quiet. I had posted something on facebook about me taking a trip to Iceland in 2018 like 2 weeks before... .During our conversation, we are talking about traveling. I mention my trip to Iceland. She stares straight forward and has a weird look on her face, then starts to tell me what airline I should use and where I should fly out of. She is oddly specific, so I ask if she had been there before. She says no, looks startled and says she has looked up travel information there. She is a cold blooded person, only goes to tropical locations and we are in the USA. Iceland is pretty specific. The same day, I am talking about looking for a new job. She tells me X university is nice... .That is all she says... .Very odd, considering I didn't mention it. It is the closest university to the one I work at. I look on facebook and I had liked that university a few weeks before. I notice her conversations match things that I had posted pretty oddly. She also starts to mimic what I say and do, and believe.

Over the next couple of weeks, I see her on campus at meetings and she is around her coworkers. Both times she oddly avoids me... .Like, she was nervous... .Two of my coworkers notice it and think it is strange as well. I invite her to game watches and she never invites her friends... .Very secretive... .will not invite others, creates the one on one environment. Begins to eat my food off of my plate... .gets into my personal space (i.e. I grab a pack of gum, she just reaches over and grabs out of my hand). 
The last time we hang out, her coworker happens to be at the same restaurant. She gets very nervous and has a look of guilt on her face. Immediately starts to text somebody, which I assume is the coworker. I tell her that she can invite other friends and coworkers, but she said she has trust issues... .

So, she seems to avoid letting me around her friends. Wants to be secretive. I tried to ask her about this, because seems to be possessive of me (my coworker that is there a lot notices too, other coworkers ask if we are dating or what). She says we are colleagues and acts like I misread everything. She claims she doesn't remember texting my coworker and doesn't remember how my dating life came up during the conversation.

I don't invite her to anything for about a month and she emails me about “work”, even though she is the liaison for a different department and she did not even contact that department. She never emails me, but she does after I don't invite her for a few weeks. Then, she text me and then she restricts me on facebook.
JaxWest

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:39:44 PM »

I keep thinking about the Iceland story. I am in the midwest of the USA. Very few people go there... .The ones that go there are more adventurous, not people that want to go someplace warm... She was just so very specific with travel information, yet the more she talked, the more it became clear she had no interest in going. I feel 100% confident she only looked it up, because I was going there. I mean, it is one thing to see something and think, that looks cool. It is another thing to plan the route somebody would take for that and be so secretive. Plus, add on the mimicking and being around my friends... .Just creepy.
infjEpic

Relationship status: In a new relationship

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »

I don't really have a specific answer; I wouldn't have even if I was the person in the situation, experiencing it first hand.

All I can really say is that I recognise the self doubt or 'paranoia' you are expressing.
That's an indicator - to me - that you should eliminate or heavily restrict contact with whatever person generates these thoughts and emotions in you, regardless of whether it's founded in reality or unfounded.
These things have unexpected and undesirable ways of manifesting themselves later.

I would also censor Facebook and so on.
Not only for past relationship reasons of course, but that would certainly be a factor.

JaxWest

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »

True... .Only she knows the true intentions. There were always so many "how did you know that" moments... .only for me... .never anybody else. Add that with the secrecy and it just seems suspicious.
JaxWest

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »

And now she just approached a 4th coworker of mine... .One she has not talked to before, but apparently this time decided to start up a conversation with... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest