Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 03:07:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can somebody tell me if this is another BPDgf  (Read 530 times)
Broken25

« on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »

Hey, so I think most of you know my story about my relationship with my exBPDgf. Well I had moved on rather quickly and in about a months time since we broke up I started to get onto dating websites. I sent a couple girls messages asking for them too look my profile over and get back to me if they were interested. So this one girl sent me a message saying that she was very interested in getting to know me. So we talked for a little and she seems really into sex already after only two days of texting each other. I had told her that I have been hurt by my exBPDgf in the past and kinda gave her a hint of what BPD is. She told me she is sane as can be and that she is in the Air force. We had texted each other a lot the first day and then the second day we texted some but she seemed more distant or like she was busy. I was cool with giving her space. Today we texted a little more but it just seems like she is more into sex then getting to know each others favorites or about each other. So she told me today that she was in yoga class and I asked if it was baby yoga since she has a three month old baby. Her profile said she didn't have kids by the way but I'm fine with it. So she said yea its baby yoga and I said awwwh cute and asked for a pic. She didn't send any and just was real quite after that. So an hour after that I sent her a text and she said "I'm getting a car, hold on a damn second" . So my question is that a red flag, or what ? Thanks
spark2

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »

I would say - welcome to the wild world of dating. Don't assume everyone is a BPD.

Also I don't use dating sites. As a college student who once used them I only ever had sex hookups send me messages. Usually girls looking to cheat on their boyfriend with me.
bunnyrabit

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »

Nah man, she sounds like real marriage material 

Seriously though, it sounds like you're way over-analyzing everything and you're getting attached somehow way too soon ( like getting worried when she doesn't answer straight away ). Just let it go already, hook up with some more women so you can compare and don't rush anything. In time it'll be clear enough which are the sane and insane ones.
goinbonkers

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living Apart

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »

she is BPD only if she fits at least five out of the nine criteria for BPD.  otherwise, its just the rigors of normal dating (i.e. trying to find a diamond in the rough).
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »

B25, can I ask you your question right back? Lets look at the behaviors not the label.

So my question is that a red flag, or what ?

By that, you are referring to this comment: ["So an hour after that I sent her a text and she said "I'm getting a car, hold on a damn second"]

Negating the car texting incident - what other red flags do you see about this girl?

Do you believe that if someone is talking to you like this after 2 days of texting that they will treat you any better in 6 months. Are you wanting sex or a relationship?

oletimefeelin

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

I'd say delete your profile and focus on moving on for real.
goinbonkers

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »

B25, can I ask you your question right back? Lets look at the behaviors not the label.

So my question is that a red flag, or what ?

By that, you are referring to this comment: ["So an hour after that I sent her a text and she said "I'm getting a car, hold on a damn second"]

Negating the car texting incident - what other red flags do you see about this girl?

Do you believe that if someone is talking to you like this after 2 days of texting that they will treat you any better in 6 months. Are you wanting sex or a relationship?

try not to be so hard on the guy.  

sex tends to boggle our minds (and with little to no effort even).

our other brain tells us to ignore any and all red flags. Smiling (click to insert in post)
bunnyrabit

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »

Excerpt
otherwise, its just the rigors of normal dating (i.e. trying to find a diamond in the rough).

That's exactly what we're not supposed to be looking for anymore, we're looking for a sparkling, polished diamond. We're not professional diamond cutters, remember!
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »

goinbonkers, part of our role needs to be assessed to move forward to more healthy relationships. This sort of inquiry is the reason why we are here.

goinbonkers

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

goinbonkers, part of our role needs to be assessed to move forward to more healthy relationships. This sort of inquiry is the reason why we are here.

i agree. 

i am sure he sees all the red flags quite clearly. 

its just (very) tough to do anything about it though.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »

Its for this reason - emotional inertia - that got me into a BPD relationship to begin with. Emotional responsibility, emotional maturity and better relationship skills need to be developed to know when to do something, know when to step back because a situation is not good for us. On the flip side is another unhealthy, dysfunctional and toxic relationship.

The choice will always be yours - either way!

goinbonkers

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »

Its for this reason - emotional inertia - that got me into a BPD relationship to begin with. Emotional responsibility, emotional maturity and better relationship skills need to be developed to know when to do something, know when to step back because a situation is not good for us. On the flip side is another unhealthy, dysfunctional and toxic relationship.

The choice will always be yours - either way!

well i hope he chooses to do something about it sooner than later. 

i saw the red flags but opted to just change the color of the flags.  it didn't work. 

i am working on me now. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Broken25

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »

Well I'm not sure she has BPD but it jus kinda struck me off guard when she said what she did.
goinbonkers

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »

Well I'm not sure she has BPD but it jus kinda struck me off guard when she said what she did.

i feel she doesn't seem to be all that well my friend.  i'd suggest you move along before you get yourself in too deep.  with you texting her so often, she can clearly see the hook sinking in and it seems her true colors are emerging.  i'm just saying.  maybe get off the dating boards and work on yourself for a bit first.
MaybeSo
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Together five years, ended suddenly June 2011

Players only love you when they're playing...

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »

She has a three month old baby (barley time to heal from labor and delivery) and for most women this is naturally a very emotional time and the instinct is all about bonding with a newborn, not strangers, even beloved husbands often feel a bit left out, usually)... .and she has time to hook up and promote an interest is sex with strange men on the Internet?

Come on now... .who cares if she has BPD. I mean, huh? ? God, I must be getting old. Oh And she lied on the profile and said she has no kids? Come on!

myself

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

Broken25, what does this tell you about your own patterns?
Slowlybutsurely

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »

Just two quick things.

My thought is the text you think is rude may have been her trying to be funny. I could see it that way.

Also, don't ask for someone's kid's pics till you know them a LONG time. I'd never give my kid's pic to someone who I didn't know inside and out. There are so many freaks out there... .

But the whole sex thing right away, and with a new baby... .yeah, I'd say that's a big red flag.
Broken25

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »

Thing is though that she has sent me pics of her baby already. One with her and the baby, and one with her dog and baby. I can notice a few red flags already and something she told me last night made me question her. She said that she was sexualy molested her entire life by her older brother even. However she gets upset with me when I question her about how she does in relationships and she even said that I wasnt giving her a chance to prove that she has put all of her past behind her.
Broken25

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »

Another thing she said was that she wants to have unprotected sex cause "it feels better"
Slowlybutsurely

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »

Okay, so, yeah.  Better not to proceed with this one. Sheesh... .?

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »

You know the answer to this. It's not that difficult of a decision.

This woman is lactating with another man's child in her arms while she posts an electronic billboard for sexual partners.

In all likelihood her Husband is deployed overseas and has no idea that she is sleeping with other men.

What is your attraction to this? She is an easy target, as most mentally ill people are. Your attraction to playing with dysfunction and not understanding the consequences of being burned need to be addressed.  Time to turn away from drama and make room in your life for healthy relationships.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
goinbonkers

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »

What is your attraction to this? She is an easy target, as most mentally ill people are. Your attraction to playing with dysfunction and not understanding the consequences of being burned need to be addressed.  Time to turn away from drama and make room in your life for healthy relationships.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

been there.  getting the easy one's just ain't worth it (in the long run).  please listen to 2010.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest