Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 04:20:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First post... am I losing my mind? non-BP spouse  (Read 364 times)
Fredjamin
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 20, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »

So I went to our local crisis center yesterday after my spouse hinted at suicide. Since she was unwilling to go I went by myself and at intake the counselor said “do you know it’s been a year since the last time you were here?” Last time I went after I experienced a gambit of abusive behavior.
I am sick and tired of this. I don’t want to waste another year doing the same thing. I have been scouring the internet reading every article and site income across. I have tried calling counselors and I am waiting to hear back from them. I tried ALANON last time and still am a part of that. I feel it is only a half measure however.
I started reading the book “walking on eggshells” and found myself in several of the stories and situations. I feel hurt, confused, frustrated, lost, foolish, and bitter.
How CAN this forum help? How HAS it helped? How can I get help for myself? Since I don’t know what to do I thought I would ask for help. Any positive insight would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:28:40 PM by once removed, Reason: moved from Son or Daughter to Bettering » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Purplex

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »

Hi Fredjamin and welcome to the family  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I am sorry about what you are going through but I am glad you found us. We are a supportive community and can offer information, tools and advice as well a a virtual shoulder to lean on and a save place to vent and collect your thoughts.
Is this the first time your spouse hinted at suicide?
Excerpt
I started reading the book “walking on eggshells” and found myself in several of the stories and situations. I feel hurt, confused, frustrated, lost, foolish, and bitter.
Would you mind sharing some of these stories and situations? Maybe a recent one?
The more we know about you and your situation, the better we can help you.
Ozzie101
Ambassador

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:44:01 PM »

Hi Fredjamin! I'd like to join Purplex in welcoming you! Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

It sounds like you've been dealing with a lot and you shouldn't have to bear it alone. As Purplex said, if you can share some stories with us, we'll know better how we can help. There are a lot of tools and resources here and the members have a lot of personal experience to share!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest