Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 02:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It will be a year next month...  (Read 335 times)
crushedagain

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 02, 2018, 11:50:08 PM »

... .since I last saw her, my uBPDexgf. It is so hard to believe. Time really does fly. I have not felt like entering into another relationship, and I don't know when I will. I suppose there's the off chance that I meet a woman, but serendipity is the only way. I have no interest in dating sites, etc., trying to force the issue. I sometimes feel like I have baggage after going through those 2 years with her. I still miss her and think of her often.
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »

Hi crushedagain,

It is understandable. Relationships are huge investment of time and energy. I came into my current one convinced I'd never do another one after that. The older I get the less excited I am about the prospect of starting all over from zero. I hate to say never, but I understand not being inclined or be out there looking.

What baggage do you feel you have due to this?

What comes to mind when you think of her? Can we help you to be more at peace?

wishing you the best, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
crushedagain

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »

I think when I mention "baggage," it's just a general distrust and skepticism after my experience. I feel a bit jaded.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »

Hi crushedagain

I can understand after what youve been through a level of feeling jaded but I dont believe in the case of wishing to meet someone that becoming what should be one of the most important life decisions to make - choice of partner - should be left to serendipity or chance, Zen like.

Knowing what type of partner you want, then using the tools to find them rather than hoping they will come into close proximity seems a higher likelihood of success. You have the experience, even though it has been emotionally difficult, to avoid the types of personality that has caused this jaded outlook. My advice is to not get stuck too long in these thoughts and to think about them without more objectively. 
udunnome81

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »

Sept. 17, will be a year since I've seen my wife of 14 years. She abandoned me and our 3 children (11, 10, 3). The 1st of August was the last time I had a hug from anyone but my children. I feel you.

Due to my moral principles, I can't enter another relationship if I wanted to as I am still married to her. Hopefully not for much longer.

Through the process I have lost the house we were renting and now live in my parents basement, I have Narcolepsy with Cataplexy, and 3 children. I hear what you are saying about feeling like there is baggage.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest