Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 11:51:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female issues?  (Read 396 times)
WhyAskWhy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single, seeing wonderful man.

« on: April 17, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

Ever since I started on this board, I've had this one murky memory, that's left a ? on my brain.  I am hoping someone here can shed some light on it.

A few years ago, before I knew PD's even existed, I was talking to mother one day.  Mother had a gyno exam come up with results that needed further study, and so, she went and got the tests done.

After she got her test results back, she was calling me up, crowing to me about how the testing technician was asking her very closely if  mothers' medical records were right, because the medical records said that mother had experienced a few pregnancies, but, mother had the insides of someone who had never given birth, and no evidence of c-sections, either.  According to mother, mine was the only live birth she ever had, the rest ended in miscarriage.    Whatever.

I'll never forget mothers' proud crowing about how her delivery with me was so convenient, because I was so small when I was born (preemie), that I left her with the insides of a woman who has never given birth!  My BS alarm promptly went off, but, what do you say as a grown daughter, to an announcement like *that*?  LOL

Is it just me, or does sound like a BS story to the rest of you all, too?

Japanese Doll

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Hi waw,

I can relate to your story.  I can not really explain the details of my story.  But my Mother told me a very similar story over and over again.  I didnt really know why she was telling me such things at that time. I didnt know anything about PD/BP things.  But later I realized how awful she was to say such things to her daughter.   

Japanese Doll

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »

Well, I would toast to myself at Thanksgiving dinner as the first test tube baby... .Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) but really- the tech may have said something about her condition (that's what medical exams are about) and she ran with it. It is awkward, inappropriate and... .I'm frankly speechless- but that is similar to what my Mom does and definitely an embarrassing BPD attention shout out. I feel for you.  x
LOAnnie

Relationship status: single

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »

Perhaps the gynecologist was just being kind to your mother to put her at ease because mother seemed nervous and upset,  and the doctor only said something to the effect that your mother looks young for her age, and your mother took a small compliment and inflated it in her mind way out of proportion, exaggerating what the doctor said to an unreal level.

I suggest this because my mother does this sort of thing all the time.  If some small nice thing happens to her, she'll embellish the story until its nearly unrecognizable in its grandiosity.   Her version of a "fish story."

The other side of the coin is that my mother "horrible-izes" mildly bad news until its a tragedy and disaster.  

Sister and I learned to pretty much just not believe news items that mother tells us without third-party, reliable corroboration.  Mother's version of reality and mine were often at odds with each other.

-LOAnnie

Greeneyed Girl
a.k.a. Cherry Sky

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »

Hello All,

This is all so bizarre, isn't it?  Well, here is a Mother tale regarding such.  Mother has always used vulgar terms for the female anatomy when fighting with me and with Dadster.  She would say things too vulgar to post, but it usually came down to this: Her--- was better than so and sos or my----.  She grows more vulgar with this as she grows older, though she would always say, "It's my--- that does the trick, lady! Not yours!"  She must have the most talented--- in history.  Funny, she was married once and is obsessed with people who are not married, have been married more than once, etc., continually comparing herself and saying that so and so ( and I, too) cannot "keep a man."  My theory is that she is first getting older and (is older) and knows it well and secondly that she feels inferior to other women with other partners somehow because she was unhappy in her marriage to Dadster.  I am so digusted by Mother's talk about herself like this that yesterday, when saying vulgar insulting things about my anatomy (which is, incidently, 30 years younger than hers) I told her, "Well, at least I don't sit around naked crying for Jesus, Dadster and my mother every morning."  Yes, she does this.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest