Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 04:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oops  (Read 785 times)
ozzanoid24

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

Totally understand. But I think we think one way and they think another and we will never get the "I'm sorry" or "I did you wrong." Some thing a "normal" person would say.

Excerpt
I think they have such a feeling of despair that they just don't even go there, put the blame all on your shoulders to maintain the "victim" role and then move on to the next person, putting all their focus and energy on them, not even thinking of the past other than how "bad" we were. 

yep. I struggle with how is he so nice to his new gf. He never treated me that nice. stupid, but I struggle. Facebook is horrid. My kids have him on facebook, of course, that's their dad. Well, 2 of my kids don't, but that's another story. But yesterday morning, I went to Facebook and it was my dd page and right there in front of my eyes was him saying to his gf -- "You're the best, Honey" and her response -- "Thank you so much for yesterday. I love you deeply. Can't wait to spend the weekend with you."

ouch. whatever though. I don't miss him. He was horrid. still... .there's the -- Hey, why am I treated so badly? but whatever.

I think, for me and because my xBPDh is high functioning, I think definitely if he did something like that on Facebook -- cutting you out of a picture -- yes, definitely it was intentional. But that's just my take.

I try and stay away from his Facebook stuff -- he's blocked -- but sometimes it's staring right at ya.

I'm sorry Ozz. It's hard. It stinks.

I know, thanks for the input
2idealistic

Relationship status: single

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 08:31:51 PM »

I think Goldstar is so right about what we're really seeking in the heartrending silence and wondering of NC:  "Will the 'I'm sorry.' or 'What was I thinking?' ever come?"  Somehow because we nons are wired to have rational thought and empathy to accompany our deep emotional attachment and commitment to these troubled BP's that we come to love, support, live for, and hope against hope to become whole, we can't fathom how one can go from talking to someone every day numerous times a day for months, even years (two in my case) to a death in life.  Of course, it defies logic, reason . . . kinda like love itself.
turtlesoup

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 04:08:39 AM »

"Block this person" at the bottom of their facebook page.

My exBPD, very soon after we broke up started using pictures I'd taken of her or us at times when we were happy. This was a big diversion as for the previous 3 years she had always had one image of an orb, with no picture.

It worked two fold, she could put up pictures of her face probably she was doing some facebook flirting and it played with my head as she had changed her behaviour completely and it felt like I was being taunted with these pictures. Maybe that's paranoia. The best way to stop paranoia? Block her off.

People sometimes ask me if I wonder how she is. I know I write about my experiences a lot and have done a lot of processing but I never think about what she is doing, who she may be dating, I don't look for clues, I don't try to speak to mutual friends, I don't want to know anything whatsoever and I really can't see a time that will change. No Contact for me is strict and total and includes finding photos of her. She has been wiped from my world!
turtlesoup

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 04:11:19 AM »

Totally understand. But I think we think one way and they think another and we will never get the "I'm sorry" or "I did you wrong." Some thing a "normal" person would say.

Excerpt
I think they have such a feeling of despair that they just don't even go there, put the blame all on your shoulders to maintain the "victim" role and then move on to the next person, putting all their focus and energy on them, not even thinking of the past other than how "bad" we were. 

yep. I struggle with how is he so nice to his new gf. He never treated me that nice. stupid, but I struggle. Facebook is horrid. My kids have him on facebook, of course, that's their dad. Well, 2 of my kids don't, but that's another story. But yesterday morning, I went to Facebook and it was my dd page and right there in front of my eyes was him saying to his gf -- "You're the best, Honey" and her response -- "Thank you so much for yesterday. I love you deeply. Can't wait to spend the weekend with you."

ouch. whatever though. I don't miss him. He was horrid. still... .there's the -- Hey, why am I treated so badly? but whatever.

I think, for me and because my xBPDh is high functioning, I think definitely if he did something like that on Facebook -- cutting you out of a picture -- yes, definitely it was intentional. But that's just my take.

I try and stay away from his Facebook stuff -- he's blocked -- but sometimes it's staring right at ya.

I'm sorry Ozz. It's hard. It stinks.

If you use the "block this person" feature you don't see anything whatsoever they have written. We do have mutual friends and sometimes there are gaps in a conversation which probably are filled by her words. However, I dont read the pages of our mutual friends either. Maybe I am militant here but I have to be!

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:07 AM »

From 16 floors:
Excerpt
they consciously do not want to take blame for anything, because they consciously would have to face all the pain and hurt they have caused, and thus the manipulation and deception to remain a "victim". 

Yes, but this is a disorder- not a rational thought process. It is as illogical and nonsensical as behavior can be. This contradicts a manipulation of purposely placing a photo in order to rub salt in the wound. In fact, I really dont think that Cluster B people actually think of others at all. The cutting out of a person is symbolic- but it isnt done with mal intent. It's done because of a search for self. The break-up was symbolic of a fragmentation of their personality- and bits and pieces still remain from previous relationships. That's what mirroring gets them... .sort of a quasi retro haze of past tense people that they tried to attach to.  You may even have been "blenderized" with others.

Meanwhile they are searching for your replacement- they are not loitering and being vicious. Really, the only time they are vicious after the break-up- is when you return to confront- or try to re-engage them. That's when "they consciously do not want to take blame for anything, because they consciously would have to face all the pain and hurt they have caused, and thus the manipulation and deception to remain a "victim"."
ozzanoid24

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »

From 16 floors:
Excerpt
they consciously do not want to take blame for anything, because they consciously would have to face all the pain and hurt they have caused, and thus the manipulation and deception to remain a "victim". 

Meanwhile they are searching for your replacement- they are not loitering and being vicious. Really, the only time they are vicious after the break-up- is when you return to confront- or try to re-engage them. That's when "they consciously do not want to take blame for anything, because they consciously would have to face all the pain and hurt they have caused, and thus the manipulation and deception to remain a "victim"."

I never looked at that part about them being :vicioius"
ozzanoid24

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »

sometimes though, when I am doing better, for some reason or another something reminds me of her and then I cant get her out of my head... .

It sometimes is overwhelming . Is this just a phase?  I didn't want to start a new topic for this as I have this one open. I am still going no contact, 5 months.

What is weird and I don't know if I ever will phase this out... .I catch my self unconsiously looking for her. what i mean is just out in public or where ever I see a glimpse of what I think of her.  Yes it is not logical at all given where I am and the circumstances, but it can be really surreal.
DAS

Relationship status: Never married

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »

sometimes though, when I am doing better, for some reason or another something reminds me of her and then I cant get her out of my head... .

It sometimes is overwhelming . Is this just a phase?  I didn't want to start a new topic for this as I have this one open. I am still going no contact, 5 months.

What is weird and I don't know if I ever will phase this out... .I catch my self unconsiously looking for her. what i mean is just out in public or where ever I see a glimpse of what I think of her.  Yes it is not logical at all given where I am and the circumstances, but it can be really surreal.

No worries mate. As I actually SAW mine with her new guy a few times in the first month after, ya I keep an eye out. But certainly less than I once did. The week after I kicked her out I was paranoid she would try to jump me when I walked the dog.

And ya - sometimes I still think of her. That usually brings with it the anger at what she did to me. Just tonight I cursed in the direction of the place I know she was at. It's very close to my condo.

I think, at the very least, when we find new people the thoughts of the BPDex will fade.
ozzanoid24

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »

i agree but sometimes it just overwhelms. Maybe I need to tell myself each daynot to think of her
DAS

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »

i agree but sometimes it just overwhelms. Maybe I need to tell myself each daynot to think of her

If someone tells you not to think of a pink elephant, chances are you will think of a pink elephant.

Don't fight the emotions or thoughts. Just recognize them, acknowledge them and keep going.

In time, it fades. I think about my exBPD far less frequently then I did right after the breakup. Sometimes I go all day without thinking of her. Other days it's the moment I wake up.

Dealing with a breakup with a pwBPD is some heavy stuff. Respect that. But time will change everything.
T2H
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »

Excerpt
chances are you will think of a pink elephant.

That also happens if you drink too much... .

maybe trying to forget about your ex.

ozzanoid24

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:39 PM »

If someone tells you not to think of a pink elephant, chances are you will think of a pink elephant.

Don't fight the emotions or thoughts. Just recognize them, acknowledge them and keep going.

In time, it fades. I think about my exBPD far less frequently then I did right after the breakup. Sometimes I go all day without thinking of her. Other days it's the moment I wake up.

Dealing with a breakup with a pwBPD is some heavy stuff. Respect that. But time will change everything.

I have to post again as I made this same mistake but accidentally. I seenshe has a new picture on facebook in which I preceded to immedately click offline and get out...

here is the thing... .

since the break up, I dont know how to describe this, but when contact is made, my stomache knots up and my heart races, but I know this isnt a good sign... .its like my body is telling me I did something wrong?

I am still no contact.

I dont know how to react to any of this. If i ever talked to her again, do i be the bigger man and be corgual, or do i call her out and use every four letter word possible?  It sends me in a wirl every time this kinda bs happens and its my OWN fault for feeling this way but sometimes its hard to help it
ozzanoid24

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »

it hit me, and why do i forget this... .even though she is moved away,even in that picture . she still has BPD>... .  it didnt just magically go away
DAS

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 07:47:13 PM »

I have to post again as I made this same mistake but accidentally. I seenshe has a new picture on facebook in which I preceded to immedately click offline and get out...

here is the thing... .

since the break up, I dont know how to describe this, but when contact is made, my stomache knots up and my heart races, but I know this isnt a good sign... .its like my body is telling me I did something wrong?

I am still no contact.

I dont know how to react to any of this. If i ever talked to her again, do i be the bigger man and be corgual, or do i call her out and use every four letter word possible?  It sends me in a wirl every time this kinda bs happens and its my OWN fault for feeling this way but sometimes its hard to help it

Today is mine's birthday. I just had to explain to the founder of the meetup group my ex now runs why I couldn't rejoin the group.

And ya - whenever I slip at look at her picture or a comment she's left - for sure there are physical reactions.

My suggestion - don't plan for how you'll deal with future hypothetical scenarios. It gives too much energy to the pwBPD. It's mine's birthday and I am still feeling as much rage and hatred that I did when I kicked her out. It's not healthy nor productive though.

Mste.
ozzanoid24

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:06 PM »

here is the thing... .

I am still no contact.

Today is mine's birthday. I just had to explain to the founder of the meetup group my ex now runs why I couldn't rejoin the group.

And ya - whenever I slip at look at her picture or a comment she's left - for sure there are physical reactions.

My suggestion - don't plan for how you'll deal with future hypothetical scenarios. It gives too much energy to the pwBPD. It's mine's birthday and I am still feeling as much rage and hatred that I did when I kicked her out. It's not healthy nor productive though.

Mste.

I dont know what stage i am at.but sometimes it makes me so mad to think about it it stops. I know that sounds wierd but its so stupid what they are and what they do and how they only care about themselves.
clean slate

Relationship status: married just over three years; living apart nearly five months

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2010, 11:23:01 PM »

here is the thing... .

I am still no contact.

Sorry ozz, but you're not "no contact" if you continue to look at her facebook page.  NC is for you, remember?  You're not doing yourself any favors if you're causing your own stomach to knot up and your heart to race.  Is there a reason you have NOT blocked her from your facebook account, and deleted her from your friends?  Or, are you specifically searching for her (typing her name in to the search bar) and looking at her photo that way?  Regardless, you're doing this damage to yourself now.  Sounds like she's the one with no contact.  You're the one who continues to grieve and seek information about her.  It's hard... .I know it is.  I bet you can do it though.  I bet you can.  What do you think?
ozzanoid24

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

you are right, about that contact.  SHE HASNT BROKE IT, i incidentally do with pictures, music or whatever of her.
ozzanoid24

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 07:24:04 PM »

thank you's for the support.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest