Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:41:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to tell BPD EX I am not interested anymore, HELP  (Read 394 times)
brenbabe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 26, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »

As some of you may know I ended things with my BPD boyfriend on Sept 28th. I clearly stated I didnt want any contact with him when I ended things, I was clear in saying no phone text or in person contact on either side. Up until last week he had not contacted me or me him in any way. Last week he started calling and texting me once in awhile. I ignored this completely and didnt answer. I do not want anything to do with him at all. I do not feel bitter or hatred towards him. I feel I do not want contact in any way. I have been moving on with my life and doing well. Tonight there will be a holiday party I was invited to and told he was also invited to. I have decided I will attend. My concern is he will try to speak to me since he has been trying to call me. Im wondering if its a good idea if he does talk to me, if I should just tell him I am no longer intrested in any type of relationship with him . any advice ?
Annaleigh

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »

You are doing great with the NC.  I, myself, could not handle a party and my uBPDh, I would pass.  It would be too stressful for me.  If your ex is BPD, then that adds all sorts of unknowns.  I would pass.  It's too soon.
OTH
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single

It's not too late to make better choices

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »

I wouldn't do it. We broke up Oct. 1 and I have only been NC since Dec. 14. There is no way I want to be in the same room as her anytime soon. It just wouldn't go well.

Mary Oliver:  Someone I loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift

maraki

Relationship status: single 3 months

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »

Personally i would not go.  Just seeing a BPD ex is is stressful.  Having them try to engage you is worse.  They are always looking for a backup person and really like to recycle their exes.

And they do not get the message because they are twisted individuals.  Only thing they get is "out of sight, out of mind" which is No Contact.  Save yourself and do not tempt fate.
FoolishOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »

Nope!
Im.okay.now
Formerly Whataride

Relationship status: In a great relationship with someone who isn't nuts !

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:00 AM »

HI BB,

You might feel strong now ... .but seeing him at the party might bring you back to square 1 or even back to square -5 ... .unless this is the party of a life time ... .and there is a $5million door prize ... .i would rent a movie and stay home that night.

Take care

ION
Border Crossing

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 05:26:53 AM »

As some of you may know I ended things with my BPD boyfriend on Sept 28th. I clearly stated I didnt want any contact with him when I ended things, I was clear in saying no phone text or in person contact on either side. Up until last week he had not contacted me or me him in any way. Last week he started calling and texting me once in awhile. I ignored this completely and didnt answer. I do not want anything to do with him at all. I do not feel bitter or hatred towards him. I feel I do not want contact in any way. I have been moving on with my life and doing well. Tonight there will be a holiday party I was invited to and told he was also invited to. I have decided I will attend. My concern is he will try to speak to me since he has been trying to call me. Im wondering if its a good idea if he does talk to me, if I should just tell him I am no longer intrested in any type of relationship with him . any advice ?

Dont go. Going will reconnect him with you and will guarantee future contact.

The short answer to get them to go away is to cut off every single way they can contact you. Change your email address (do this in a smart way that has no links to your prev email). Only give this email address to trustworthy ppl. Change your phone numbers, easy done. Tell your telco that you're receiving abusive messages and they will pribably do this free of charge. Think about any social websites. If you would like to keep those sites slightly alter your profile name. Border Crossing to *Border Crossing*. It screws up the search engine and most times they cant find you. And on and on. Lastly not to make you feel paranoid, consider changing ur locks. BPD will go to extremes. The point is they cant contact you, and move onto the next poor sod.
Buttercup555

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 05:32:22 AM »

Don't go! No party is a party with an exBPDbf there. It's the ghost train - and you don't want to be boarding it. x

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »

You dont have to tell him anything. You simply do not engage him in any manner. There is, however, wisdom to be gained in contact if it serves the purpose of reestablishing the bond and re-opening the same wounds over and over again. Eventually you'll know the answer to your question is to turn your back and ignore him.  You'll realize that this isn't about him anymore, it's about you. He'll likely recycle you for the rest of his life unless you put a boundary up that cannot be crossed.  Sometimes the only way out is through and that means you cause your own suffering by contacting him and re-working the relationship until you come right back here again, sadder but wiser. Then you take responsibility for ending it. When you're done- you're done. Only you will know when that is.

Aristotle said it was much easier to touch a hot stove to learn how not to get burned than by reading it in a book.
brenbabe

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

He did not attend the party, so contact was not broken. today I am changing my phone number. Thank you 2010, that was very well said.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest