Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 06:00:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excuses- what a BPD will tell you when they have replaced you  (Read 1042 times)
rooftop

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Seperated-6 weeks

« on: April 02, 2012, 03:31:27 AM »

Hi everyone,

Let me share some things my xBPD gf said to me after she kicked me out in a rage. I found out slowly but immediately that she had started an emaotional (maybe physical) r/s with a new guy she remet when we were still together... I caught her in a lie as i saw from FB that they were quite intimate in their exchanges... .These are some of the things she said & did-sound familiar to anyone?

- Defriended me immediately on FB (and blocked me) straight after i got booted from her house

- Said "I could make up any story i wanted to make myself feel better" when I challenged her that she was on with another guy (long distance r/s i may add)

- Said to me "We were in a bad space together for some time" presumably to validate why she replaced me

- Said " I never cheated on you with another man and I never lied"

- Got extremely enraged when i said to her " you cheated on your first husband, and now you have done it again" -she rang 10-15 times a day and left some nice txts!

- Sent me a txt saying "you are so full of BS, its laughable" after i told her her character was so low and that she is a Liar & Cheat.

Any similarities out there?

Cheers, Rooftop

kimbers43

Relationship status: single and getting happier for it

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »

All i can suggest is try and put yourself in her position. Have you ever done something wrong in your life that you don't like talking about? Then have someone who knows about this ask you question after question and make them feel bad about it over and over. Add to that the fact they can't discuss it in any adult way and you have your answer. It might make you feel better getting some answers but as i have found out myself they are not the ones that we want. The main and only one is WHY which will never be fully explained and you will get several versions of it until you stop asking the question and move on.
rooftop

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 05:46:34 AM »

Kimbers- fair assessment but when you aren't aware she is BPD at that time, it is fair and reasonable to ask questions when you know what is happening.

I fully understand now and don't need answers as I am moving on... its 8 days NC and I feel so much stronger for it.

Maybe she got the message when I sent her a letter telling her my apin and not to ever contact me.

kimbers43

Relationship status: single and getting happier for it

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:53 AM »

It's only advice from my view point and i have gone through the pain you are feeling. I have tried to be logical and reasonable but those rules don't apply in these circumstances. My ex is with someone she told me she finds unattractive and horrible in everyway 12 months ago but now is going out with him. How many questions do you think that has given me Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

When did it start? How did her feelings change? the list goes on and on. The only thing i do know the answer to is she is with him and thats all i need to know.

Keep posting your thoughts and reading the posts, they have made me understand things more and more.
rooftop

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:15 AM »

Hey kimbers- hang in there, its brutal what they can do but our strength is not to give them anymore power over us. A great life is waiting :-)
Applehead

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:10:21 AM »

Rooftop, I've been there several times and one finally admitted that she cheated bc the evidence was over whelming and bc of a good friend of mine that witnessed it or she wouldn't of and another still to this day hasn't admitted it but both were in the mid to late 90's before I ever hears about BPD.  I've had a pattern since High School, I would tell my friends that I would meet that hottest coolest women for about 90 days that loved sex and then would turn evil. Lol!  I was dead on analyzing the symptoms of these vampires even back then.  I just found out what BPD was like 2.5 years ago.  It would of been valuable info about 25 years ago.  The answers your gf said were almost dead on to the answers I received!  I use to feel like I was losing my mind back then! Lol!  
1brokenwing

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:32:56 AM »

"I didn't get with her until we were done". A lie but in his twisted mind it was true.  After all, it was at LEAST 3 days after we broke up before he slept with her! Jeezuz.

I don't get that you need "answers" as Limbers says. I get that you are looking for validation that others have experienced BPD insanity. Yes, Rooftop, she is the sick one (granted, we have our own brand of unwell) and you are not alone. Also, it is a process no matter what, we move through these stages and yes, one day we gain full acceptance and move on in a big way.  Meanwhile we are where we are and it is what it is.  Being cool (click to insert in post)
Beenreplaced

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »

I also did not know about BPD until after the break up.  Mine also blocked me from FB and blocked my kids from his FB account too.  My kids are in college. They would never look at his page.  He sent me 66 text messages in 30 minutes telling me all that I had done to ruin the relationship.  Told me he was over me and will have love for me less than 30 days after we broke up.  Asked him if he found someone else and told me that he had thought long and hard about us before he went out and met someone else.  This was less than 3 weeks after our break up.  I asked if he was seeing her behind my back when we were together and there was no answer. It was really crazy.  He told me that I deserved it because I didn't come to him when he lived in Wilton.  He lived in Wilton 3 years ago.  I can't even remember what he was talking about.  I sent him a long email explaining how I felt about everything that happened.  It was 2 pages long. I was pouring my heart out and his response to me "I can't stand you when you drink".  What?  It was the craziest thing ever to experience.  I tried talking to him 6 weeks later and he was still raging at me.  He could not get control of himself.
rooftop

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »

Thanks 1brokenwing- well said and you are right... I do need validation as it is always "how can she do this to me"... Well, she is sick, thats why and she aint gonna change... To the guy she hooked up, good luck buddy and you have done me a favor dude...

My world will be better as soon as my head can clear the fog and I let go of the WHY.

R
bpdlover

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

Since being with my ex and experiencing a whole new level of depravity, I always spare a thought for the next to be suckered in. I could not even begin to get my head around what may have been happening since I was replaced two years ago. Haven't heard a whisper and am pro NC. My ex told me proudly that her ex husband had no idea she was talking to guys behind his back. A real trust builder considering she was telling her current boyfriend. She would confess things totally out of context, waiting for a lighter moment then dropping either hints or blurting it out, knowing she would not have to take responsibility for it. She only friended me for about three days on facebook during an eighteen month relationship. She set us up to look like I was using her so that her parents and friends would come running out of sympathy. Then, during the final conversation told me she should have broken up a long time ago. And I thought this girl loved me? I always had a feeling that something was cooking behind my back. Sometimes, she would simply bail and tell me she wasn't looking for a relationship. It was surreal. Especially since she would spend the day before talking about moving in together. There were also plenty of attacks for lack of respect/tone of voice and I would in all honesty, not be able to find what I did wrong. BPD's play with your head and they believe it's real. The first time she attempted to replace me she told me that conversations with a guy she recently met had gone from bad to worse. I didn't understand and asked what she meant. She said that he invited her out and that she accepted. Next thing, she was finding fault with everything I did and the phone was engaged all the time. In hindsight I wish I had just walked away. I chose to fight for her and she was pregnant a few weeks later. We lasted another year after that. I would not wish her on my worst enemy.
WTBHA

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »

It amazes me to read on here about what others have gone through and that more times than not my ex did and said the same things! It's also good to know I'm not alone and the way this woman has made me feel is fairly consistent with how others who were in a similar situation now feel! Re assures me that it wasn't me even though I was made to feel it was!
Kminery

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »

Caught her on a lie too, she was seeing a guy and I found out (we were LDR).

When I confronted her she kept denying it, two days later she said she didn't wanna tell me for me to "not make movies in my head" but that he's a friend and he wanted to discuss something (in a nightclub till 3 am, ya)

Then I asked her to stop contacting him, which she did for about 10 days then I fund out again and I asked her to f off.

She was like "I think thats the best cause I know you love me and you care about me, and I care about you" I was like aww you don't love me? She replies I don't wanna use that word so often it will degrade its meaning Smiling (click to insert in post) hahaha that girl wanted to marry me 2 weeks earlier Smiling (click to insert in post))

Sometimes they're too hilarious it doesn't hurt anymore...
tailspin

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

... .I was bored (my control issues are huge)

... .my mom doesn't like you (I triangulated you and my mother)

... .your dogs act like they don't know me (I don't know me)

... .I don't want a relationship (with myself)

Unfortunately these excuses are a result of their own shame and have nothing whatsoever to do with you.  We have a chance to write our own ending:  "you left me before I could leave you and I don't really care just as long as you are out of my life forever."
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:47 AM »

"Who are you?"  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

gina louise

Relationship status: married a few years

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »

Here's what I heard when my UBPDbf forced me away- and my translations/notes

I am not sure how I feel- (probably the truest statement)

NOT sure I want a R/S right now (Trans: I need more than ONE R/S to keep my head  above water)

NO there's never been anyone else!  ( Trans: never just ONE, anyways... .)

Your job is too far away. (note: I did the driving and paid for the gas... .)

Your kids live 2 hours away-   (note: they are all grown up and that's MY problem, not ours or yours)

You are not done with your ex    ( Note: he's remarried already, what else could be more *done*?)

I feel it's against my spiritual principles to live together - not sure I want to be married.

If it's not my IDEAL LOVE then it's NOT love.  ( Trans: you are too real for my fantasy world)

I need to be alone... .( Trans: so I can date freely and not feel all this messy guilt)

You are not really what I wanted... .(Trans: you need to bring way more $$$ to the table if you want to stay)

Well, sadly I am only learning now  about BPD and the consequences... .and we are married one year already.

BUT it's never too late for me to decide what I really need, and if my needs are met in this R/S.

that's where I am now,

Gina

findingmyselfagain

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »

For a BPD break-up, mine was pretty normal, but she was living with her parents, so likely that they "held her hand" through the process... .

The official break-up in a nutshell "I don't need the pressure of a relationship while I'm working on myself. I can't put a time on it." But... ."If it does work out, we can get married at the courthouse... .If you want to date other people, I understand, but I can't (date)... .In 2 months we'll hang out, go see a movie (although she couldn't put a time on it)"... .

Last actual conversation via yahoo chat:

"I'm EXTREMELY INSECURE. I misbehaved and acted extra pouty to get what I wanted which isn't very cool of me."

"One of the most frustrating things is that you don't get me! You like people, are content with your lot in life, and don't care what other people think."

Much later:

"As much as we may have cared (may?) about each other, our personalities are TOTALLY different!"

When I asked... .What do you mean?

"Basically I need someone stronger to rein me in, because I'm really way out there sometimes." (Though I didn't give in to anything that seemed unreasonable/out of the family budget?... .seemed like a way to more or less excuse her misbehaving (though she seems to know what she was doing."

I'd say it's quite possible it's about as honest as a borderline could be, possibly. But of course it makes no sense based on comments made during the relationship... ."I love doing stuff with you. We talk about everything. You're the only one I hang out with who makes my face hurt b/c I smile so much... ." And if things were SO frustrating, why not tell me about it DURING the relationship? It was very frustrating at one time, but now it's more or less just a fact that I chose to be with an unhealthy individual, and of, course it ended in an unhealthy way. Within 3 weeks she hung out with the "new guy" at least once, and they we're exchanging I love you's within at most 2 months... .this just a few months after planning a life for me, her, and her daughter. Oh well, on to healthy love!
Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 01:22:16 PM »

Rooftop, your ex and mine sound like the same person.

She said ALL of those things to me. All of them!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest