Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 12:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightmares about my sister  (Read 723 times)
gcm

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 02, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

Hoping for some insight.  For the past couple of months, ever since my BPDs has become pregnant, the family has been in horrendous upheaval, coupled with the holidays, you can only imagine what that was like.

As such, I have been having extremely bad nightmares about her. I find myself screaming at her in my dreams. It is everything I want to say to her face in real life, but, I don't. I have tried in the past, but, she just tells me to "go to therapy and deal". Meanwhile she has ruined most of my childhood and adult life.  I had such a bad dream last night that we got into a fight and I was pulling her hair. I woke up in a cold sweat. 

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks!
bpdfamfan

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

Yes I've had some pretty stressed-out dreams that are directly related to what's going on in my life (yelling & all)  Sometimes I don't even  remember details (of the dream,) just feelings.

It's something I'm going to be working on & trying to figure out soon.

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  I hope things calm down for you. 
GeekyGirl
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »

Dreams are one of the ways that your mind tries to answer questions and work through problems. I've had some pretty vivid dreams too about my parents, and a couple of things have helped:

- If something's really bugging me or on my mind, I'll talk to someone about it, like DH or my T. Sometimes working through the issue while I'm awake can help me avoid having dreams about it.

- Reading something else before bed (lighthearted or really interesting and not related to the issue).

I know there are members on here who have shared insight into dreams and how they affect us, so I'm hoping that a few of them will join us.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

justnothing

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »

I've had lots and lots of dreams about my mother ever since she passed away but most of them didn't involve fighting… one dream, in which we did fight, I think may have been about guilt rather than anger.

Anyway, I think dreams about scenarios like this are usually either the subconscious trying to bring buried emotions to the surface or some form of wishful thinking (or both).

It sounds like you already have insight into your own dream – it's everything you want to say to her IRL…

Just to be sure though – what were the first thoughts or feelings that came to mind when you woke up?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest