Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 11:10:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoning out of reality  (Read 769 times)
cartman1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 12, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »

This morning my uBPDw said she got up and didn't know how to feel, like there was no emotions but her head was racing. She said then her mind started pulling loads of bad thoughts out from nowhere making her feel down. Then she went the hairdressers thinking about her emotions and said she totally zoned out thinking of her emotions. It was only when the girl spoke to her she snapped out of it. But she said it was like she was in her own world with no vision. When on the way home she was still thinking about emotions and felt for a second like jumping in the river to stop making people feel so bad. We cuddled up and watched a movie and she perked right up. She said she feels much better now. But at the same time she seems to be avoiding me but says its not me.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

CodependentHusband

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »

Sounds like she was in a state of dissociation. My wife, I think, does this often. She's usually actively doing something, but I sense that she is on autopilot. Playing games on her phone for hours on end, she really does seem to be a million miles away. I still struggle a little bit with her seeming to need so much distance... .  Think it's the loneliness on my part. I try not to think about it and get into something I enjoy.

Interesting that your wife opened up to you about her experience. My wife will, but only on rare occasion. When she comes back from Mars, I'm here for her... .  Not much more to do about it than that, I don't guess. It certainly proves to provide more peace in my house when I let her do her own thing.

A part of what your wife said is a bit disturbing... .  That impulsive feeling to jump in the river... .  It seems that she allowed you to comfort her, which is good, but do you think you need to take any kind of action? I'm kind of thinking out loud here... .  I'm just wondering. How confusing it must be to have BPD.
cartman1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

Hi codependentHusband,

I spoke to her a lot about it. It seems we are getting a lot closer at the moment. I must be white for the first time in a while! She told me that she knows its a stupid thought. I should of said that before really, because she will tell me things like this a lot but she will say "That's how my stupid mind works." She hasn't really seemed dysregulated either and she did say it in a 'how daft am I.' Tone of voice. She did seem really distant this morning walking room to room but after a good cuddle and chat she's happy and relaxed.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest