Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 01:33:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did your ex talk crap about others?  (Read 511 times)
happiness68

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 10:12:33 AM »

catalina, I don't know why he called you by "hey" - that must just be his way.  I know I shouldn't laugh, but I had to laugh to myself that he called his ex wife "s***head" behind her back, but was always nice to her.  They paint black so many people in their lives, it's incredible.  Do you know I can't think of one person other than my ex's children, who he DIDN'T paint black - oh and a few friends.  Funny that.  I know we all have issues with friends, families, at work etc., but not like this.

Mine talks crap about others all the time, but acts differently when he talks TO them. He has called his ex wife "s***head" ever since I've known him. I thought it would go away after a while, but 8 years later, and I've never heard him call her by her name. He still talks to her too, but is always nice to her, although he blamed all of their marriage problems on her.

He never has called me by my name either, just says "hey" to me when he wants to talk to me. What's that all about?

Wimowe

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »

I do believe they love.  I believe they fight it, even to themselves.

I'm certain that my uBPDxgf was angry at me for loving her, but was especially furious that she had fallen in love with me.
zillard

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »

My stbxw (uBPD) would do this constantly. She was overly critical of everyone around her. We'd walk into the grocery store and she'd comment about how everyone at first glance gives her dirty looks and then she would start pointing out their flaws.

She was so critical of others that she had no friends during the marriage. Period. She hated being around other women and had a history of friendships only with guys. And then only guys that treated her "like a sister", i.e. were nice to her, wanted her, but were not forward.

I let her convince me to cut off contact with a childhood friend because she learned of a comment he made about her not being my usual type. From that day forward she hated him as she saw it as a personal attack on her and a negative critique about her physical attractiveness.

She cut people out of her life completely for telling little white lies, but expected me to immediately forgive her for months of lies about her affair.

While browsing facebook or other sites she would be disgusted and annoyed by photos and posts of happy people and would always comment on how other people's happiness MUST be a facade. I believe she did this because not only was she unhappy, but she felt unworthy of happiness. She did not like herself and so could not accept that anyone could like her. 
jdcthunder14

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »

Didn't think of it as a Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) at the time but I saw mine call someone her "best friend" after about a week or so and then 2 weeks later state that the friend was an ass or whatever depending on the friends behavior.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest