Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 12:33:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to Detach with Love because BPDh committed suicide  (Read 603 times)
Maryiscontrary

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 07:29:54 AM »

It is very observant what Maria said... .  "Can't cope living in this world."

My husband threatened many times and self injured. He absolutely could not be soothed. When he got into those stAtes, there was nothing you could say. It was like a seizure.

But he refused all forms of help.

This is a situation for your familt where there did not seem to be an apparent solution. Unless a person with attachment issues gets real, and gets as serious as a heart attack about finding solutions, then the pain overtakes them.

I have pretty severe celiac disease. I was so ill thAt I was hallucinating in the middle of the night. I had been on 11 psych medications, and none of them helped. When my GI finally went kaput, the core problem of wheat allergy was identified, I immediately stopped eating it.

It took huge sacrifice, but I was desperate and very sick. I was suicidal because I could not function. Within 2 days, brain clarity emerged. I was not mentally ill, I had an untreated autoimmune disorder.  But had I not discovered this, suicide would have been the only option, because I was not functioning, and I was very, very independent and proud person.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. This is an impossible situation for you.

Big, big hugs.
Rose Tiger

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »

Sweet Girl,  I am so sorry for your loss.  This is about the most difficult thing a person could ever have to deal with in a life.  How many of us would like to go back in time and have a do over.  Go back and live a day over.  I found comfort in reading stories of other people that were going through very difficult times, especially when I wondered if I could survive myself through so much grief.

I want to pass on this book suggestion, it's not real deep or have all the answers but I think you will relate to the feelings.

www.lollywinston.com/aboutgg.html
artman.1

Relationship status: Married, 47yrs

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

CHIHIRO,

You are left with the pieces to pick up.  You have to do it.  Pick them up and rebuild the puzzle for yourself.  Allow yourself to be!  Allow yourself to Cry!  Be kind to yourself and let God be by your side!  He will show you the way to peace.

With All My Love,   Art
mggt

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY FOR U AND YOUR FAMILY NO WORDS CAN HELP NOW BUT HOLD ON TO THE WONDERUL MEMORIES YOU ALL HAD AS A HAPPY FAMILY AND KNOW  YOU DID ALL THAT YOU COULD HUMANLY POSSIBLE I WISH THERE WERE WORDS TO EASE YOUR SORROW TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOURS AND ALWAYS HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH AND HOLD ON TO THE GOOD MEMORIES TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS 

another_guyD

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Chihiro,

I am very sorry for your loss. But I will encourage you to move on yourself.

I can sympathize, as least somewhat, my sons mother (not exactly the same she was my ex) hung herself in September of last year and I have become the sole care giver to a very loved 7 year old boy. Please, don't blame yourself. I don't know your whole story, but I have found this to be my new beginning. You are free from a very heavy burden, though it happened in a painful and heart wrenching way.

Please live your life wonderfully and to the fullest possible! Grasp the freedom from "the game" you now have and enjoy your life! I am trying to do this as well.

Sincerely,

Nathan     
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 02:59:58 AM »

Chihiro I can't imagine what you and your children are going through.  Please know you are welcome to post here on the Leaving board as you need and we welcome you with open arms. 

I'm so very sad to hear that you and your husband experienced the most extreme expression of this tragic illness.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dragonfly24

Relationship status: lived apart for 3 months, he took his life

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »

Thank you, I was 't sure where to post.  I am so grateful to have found this site last fall, and hope one day I can help someone else know they are not alone.  Thank you everyone, I really really appreciate your care and support.  I know my post was a mess, and I do believe I am in shock... .  I have an amazing therapist who I had seen last night after I got the news.  I know I am lucky to have friends and family and amazing coworkers for strength, love and immediate support and assistance with myself and my son, as I am a kindergarten teacher and being out is so incredibly hard... .  to even begin thinking of how this news will spread through town... .    I believe my support system with them, my therapist and this amazing list of members here will help me up when I am down and guide me into repairing and rebuilding myself and moving into a chosen, happier life with my son.

Chihiro I can't imagine what you and your children are going through.  Please know you are welcome to post here on the Leaving board as you need and we welcome you with open arms. 

I'm so very sad to hear that you and your husband experienced the most extreme expression of this tragic illness.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dragonfly24

Relationship status: lived apart for 3 months, he took his life

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »

I'm so sorry I got confused as to where I was posting
Weird Fishes

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

I'm so sorry, Chihiro.  Take care of yourself.
Grey Kitty

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »

Chihiro,

Words fail me. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Just the same, let me wish you the strength and peace to make it through.

I know that people want to help, I do have friends who reach out, but I don't think they want to visit those dark places with me, and it pains me to take them there, merely by being in my presence.

I wouldn't say that your friends want to visit those dark places with you. I wouldn't say that anybody does.

Consider taking them up on the offer anyway. If they offer to go into the darkness with you, they will bring some light. Everybody has their own light shining through them, no matter how small or how well hidden.

I find myself more likely to cry when someone offers me support at a hard time. I think I open up to feel their love and support, and that opening up exposes me to the grief at the same time. It isn't easy. It never will be. What the heck do I know... .  I've never had a death anything like that close to me. I'm just so sorry to hear it happened to you.
HowCouldYou

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 12:49:31 AM »

Chihiro, You were the second person who replied to me when I originally posted here a little over a year ago. Your thoughtful response has helped me a great deal and I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences, and thank you again for your help when I needed it.

Surnia
Retired Staff

Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 03:33:11 AM »

Chiriro,

You came recently in my mind and know I found this thread again.

I hope you coud find some peaceful moments within the grieving process and my thoughts and my heart is with you furthermore! 

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest