Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 06, 2024, 10:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible  (Read 551 times)
rich5a

« on: February 06, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »

Is it possible for her to believe I love her? Always after I say some of the most romantic things, she says "if you say so"  she always says they are just words... etc. After making love and it could be the embodiment of love... she will say I love you... but then she always says  "dont leave me... " dont leave me... .  dont leave me... .  It makes me so sad.

I wonder when shes gonna bolt.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Inspirationneeded

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:40:45 AM »

Answering a question with a question . . . Do you believe every word that she says to you? 

If not, what gives you doubts?  What makes you "wonder when she is gonna bolt?"
Rockylove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:48 AM »

I believe anything is possible~~perhaps not likely, but possible.  It's taken some time, but I think my bf is beginning to see the depth of my love and commitment.  He still has moments of uncertainty, but I expect that... .  I have them too!  Consistency has been paramount in turning things around in our home... .  I have to be consistent because he's NOT and he has experienced my consistency in loving him regardless of his behavior~~not that I don't have objections to certain behaviors, but I love him in spite of himself Smiling (click to insert in post)
cal644

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

One of the things my uBPDw would tell me is "you have to love me because I am the mother of your children" - she could never beleive that I would love her for her
Foreverhopefull

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »

You have to think about a few things first to better understand the situation:

1. People with BPD see black or white, they have no clue how to process grey.

2. Love is a strong and confusing emotion for anyone, for BPDs it's the hardest one to process (remember the black and white)

3. Many have abandonment issues, so they struggle with this all the time. Again, the black and white, they don't want to get attached in case we decide to leave them, but they don't want us to go. So they have that grey zone that makes them so confused and they struggle with this allot.

So if we look at this, while taking into consideration those 3 points, here is how I see it:

1. She's still processing this grey zone that is love. She may feel it, but doesn't understand or know how to say it. My husband responds "You're crazy" when I say that I love him. This is his way of saying "me too". Try to see if she has this thing she will say repeatedly after a declaration of love from you.

2. She's still processing the probability of losing you (even if you never show her any signs of wanting too), Use comforting words for her to appease this feeling for her.

Be patient with her, I found that, with my husband, the whole emotion of love and the fact that I can hate things he does, but still love him with all my heart and soul, makes him more confuse and restless. He just can't process this grey zone.

It can happen, it just may take a long time.
rich5a

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15:28 PM »

Thanks everyone.

Inspiration: I am not sure she will. But she has also spoken alot about breaking up. Like she is preparing me at times...

Forever, Rocky... .  thank you. That helped.

Patience... .  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest