Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 06:59:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No trust  (Read 383 times)
WorkingOnIt505

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 17, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »

So I snooped after she had a panic attack. It really doesn't have a correlation but I guess I justified it that way. She freaked out and started yelling and I left the house. Came back to her angry at me for leaving wanting me to "hear her". Didn't react to it, let her leave.

Then I checked her facebook and her message to one of her best girlfriends. Nothing about me or really much at all about anything she might be going through but then she says "tell me about the english boys, I want to know whatsup before I go to England this summer."

My heart dropped, we have had no direct infidelity issues but she has given out her number to guys at bars before (while we were dating) and now I want to confront her on this, but I feel stupid because it could just be girls chatting it up. To me, this seems like an admission of planning to cheat and part of me wants it to be my ticket out. Thoughts? I feel bad about snooping and have been keeping myself from doing it but it's hard when she can grab my phone and read my texts and if I lean over her shoulder she'll turn away.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »

This is bothering you WorkingOnIt and you are married to this person – I’d say if something concerning you then it needs to be raised.

Communicating to a person with BPD requires some tools. Communication tools (SET, PUVAS, DEARMAN)

Can you open up the lines of communication re: marriage/expectations/checking in type chat without bringing up the finer details about the ‘english boys’ just yet?

Inquiry more than a hit between the eyeballs because she may be defensive.

WorkingOnIt505

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

Luckily not married! Still in college and working. I will consider using some techniques though she is especially good at coming off as innocent and of no guilt. The phone number stuff was always "I can't say no, I have a problem with it, there's no intent, he was like 5ft 6in... .  "

I have such an urge to just plainly say it. I just want her to finally admit all this weird quasi-infidelity stuff is real and is not cool. Though I've come to realize that may never happen. I guess I just want to know if that's normal? I feel like I'm going crazy and maybe I shouldn't be dating anyone because it seems being faithful is just not present in my age group (or maybe any age group... .  )
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

No accepting any responsibility is common, yes!

WOI - there are red flags when we begin to date someone - we sometimes don't have our eyes open to see it. People show us who they are if we are willing to see it.

Often we are so wrapped up in the romance we don't want to see it.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest