Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 06:27:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I messed up  (Read 393 times)
sunrising

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 24, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »

My therapist told me I need to hang out in groups and not put myself in any one-on-one situations with women for a while.  I followed that advice until last night.  I met a girl at a bar who was clearly into me and I acted on it.  I thought it would make me feel better.  She came home with me.    The craziest thing has happened that I could have never predicted.   I feel guilty.  I feel like I cheated.  I've been NC for a month and I feel like I cheated?   This seems insane.  My exwBPD was unfaithful to me during our relationship, but I was completely faithful to her.   Why in the world am I feeling guilt?
whatarideout

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:13:04 PM »

I've been NC for a month and I feel like I cheated?   

if you feel "guilty" for sleeping with someone when you're no longer with the person you perceive to have "cheated" on, it's because you are still emotionally attached to your ex.

consciously, your understanding will tell you the relationship is over and you are nc. go deeper. your emotional mind is still connected to your ex, even if you're physically no longer together.

guilt is an emotion. one that is there to inform you that you may have done something wrong. you didn't. which means, a part of you still "feels" as though you are in a relationship with your ex. you're not. this points to your attachment towards her, emotionally.

move towards detachment. this state of mind will allow you to release the attachment you've created and prevent the feeling of guilt to continue.

OTH
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single

It's not too late to make better choices

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

What do you want? Are you still attached? Why do think the experience didn't make you feel better?

Mary Oliver:  Someone I loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift

sunrising

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »

What do I want?... .    Well, I guess if I'm being honest, what I WANT is for my ex to not be disordered so we can be together.  That's impossible.  Also, I know that what I NEED is more important than what I want.  I know I'm still emotionally attached to her.  I need to not be.  I understand this takes time, but I just really want it to be over.  I keep hearing that I'm going to come out of this a stronger, better person.  I'm ready for this part to be over and for that time to come. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest