Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 12:43:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone NOT ever heard from their ex again?  (Read 736 times)
TheDude

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »

Depending on a very wide array of circumstances, not hearing from an ex - particularly one who is extremely toxic - would be the ideal scenario in the long run. I've had more than my fair share of relationships over the years, and ALL but one have reappeared in some form or another - as long as 25 years later. My theory on why that is - I disappear after a break up. I've never chased or stalked or any of that. Just * poof *. Those I've observed who remain in contact or initiate/push contact ultimately seem to destroy whatever might have been left in terms of positive feelings.

I'm in 'power heal' mode now, as I know it's a given she'll be back. The average has been 6-8 months (3 recycles so far). I can't say I have a preference as to if I would or wouldn't want to hear from her again, I just want to be strong and secure enough in myself to not immediately cave and run right back into the vortex of madness again.
newlymarried

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: married 6 months

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 11:11:38 AM »

I had an on again off again relationship with a BPD (w/NPD traits) guy for 16 years when I met my husband. He has a low functioning BPDxw. I knew that any kind of contact with my ex would really hurt my husband, I cut off all contact more than a year ago. I deleted and blocked him on every possible means of communication. I have also moved twice in the past year. He has no way to find me and I am glad of it. When I was facing an eviction, my ex attempted suicide because I didn't move back to the part of the US where he is living. I actually don't know if he is still alive.

The crazy is not allowed to rent space in my house.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest