Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 03:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "I feel like a whore" Anyone heard this line?  (Read 1217 times)
GreenMango
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »

Does it make sense if someone that believes you are going to hurt them... .  especially when intimacy triggers these fears... .  will say and do things that seem really irrational?

yes it does now. I was just unaware anything was wrong with her at the time and reading this just made me realise there were quite a few times I was trying to convince her I was not using her.

I found that when I would argue or defend or explain (pretty much what the staying board calls JADE) would make things worse.  Mine would dig his heels in more the accusations would escalate then their would be a tantrum of some kind.  Because the fear paranoia ruled and my JADEing invalidated feelings.  So it was like a negative feedback loop.

Theres a workshop on paranoia and jealousy. It's interestong if you aren't dealing with it with a partner. 

asher2

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »

I'll chime in on this one. Yes, I heard that phrase at the end of our relationship. On the morning we broke up, I was looking for what I always looked for with her first thing in the morning. She said she didn't want to but then proceeded to. After we were done she said that phrase to me. Mind you, this is the same girl who would set her alarm early in the morning just so we could have sex before she got ready for work.

In my situation, that phrase was an excuse. It was a classic "hey, look over here!" all the while she was really trying to cover up a new relationship with someone else.
tailspin

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 02:56:34 PM »

Squid,

It seems a statement such as "I feel like a whore" is more closely linked to how she sees you than anything else. A disordered mind is most likely to feel whatever is mirrored to them.  This illness is characterized by a lack of emotional intimacy.  They don't give it and we, evidently, don't require it because we stay in these relationships long after we know emotional intimacy is never going to happen.  These relationships are safe for the both of us until their disorder kicks in or we finally realize we deserve better.  Don't confuse intensity for intimacy.

What does this say about us? 

tailspin
charred

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »

Squid,

It seems a statement such as "I feel like a whore" is more closely linked to how she sees you than anything else. A disordered mind is most likely to feel whatever is mirrored to them.  This illness is characterized by a lack of emotional intimacy.  They don't give it and we, evidently, don't require it because we stay in these relationships long after we know emotional intimacy is never going to happen.  These relationships are safe for the both of us until their disorder kicks in or we finally realize we deserve better.  Don't confuse intensity for intimacy.

tailspin

Suspect you are right, I only heard it when she was irritated with me... she lived 3 hrs away and sometimes I would need to leave earlier than she wanted... then those comments came out. I guess it says we enjoy sex with the people we are in love with... .  what it says about them... .  perhaps they tolerate it and are not in love, or even really capable of being in love.
nylonsquid

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »

Squid,

tailspin

Says I'm done, Tailspin. I'm done.
tailspin

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »

Says I'm done, Tailspin. I'm done.

you are not alone.
nylonsquid

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »

you are not alone.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest