Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
July 04, 2024, 03:16:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: smear campaign out of control  (Read 878 times)
motherof1yearold

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« on: March 02, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »

My ex and I had the same group of friends. All one big group of hippies. I recently started talking to an old friend from school that seemed like a nice guy to date. Not long after we started talking ex sent possible boyfriend (we'll call him D) a message on facebook, saying not to go out with me, that I did horrible things to him and our daughter , and that he was just trying to "warn" a friend. He said he couldn't let him go un warned. So then a few of the girls out of the group have been pulling D aside telling him "you don't want to get too close to her , you don't know how bad she F*cked her ex over) 3 times they did this. I really want to set things straight with everyone... .  this is out of control and I am being projected on harshly as the abuser and he the victim... saying I cheated, I lied, I beat him and the child... .  when that's all him! It is SICK   I can't take this anymore.

The only progress I've made is I'm now reading the book The sabre tooth tiger,about why it's so hard to leave abusive men.
Rose Tiger

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »

That is horrible.  After suffering so much to have this coming your way.  How are you finding out that D is hearing these things?
marbleloser

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »

This is something you can't control. There's going to be people that take his side,and people that take your side.It's a difficult thing to deal with,I know.Just be yourself,take the high road,and the truth will eventually find it's way out.If a potential bf is so easily swayed,are you sure that's someone you'd want to date?

As for the friends,well,you find out who your friends are in situations like this.Try to stay out of the triangulation.
motherof1yearold

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

Ex sent the messages directly to D, and people bring it up to D in person since we were all in one large group of friends. D wasn't swayed at all, he's aware of Ex's abuse tactics.
Rose Tiger

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »

That's good, I was wondering if you were hearing from D or someone that D told.  Always good to have an ally.  Marbleloser has some great advice on how to deal with the smear.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Rose1

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:35:44 AM »

Hi - on a side note - this should give you some idea of what is likely to happen should you start a new relationship. Are you strong enough for that yet? Is the potential person also strong enough? Not saying you aren't but it is very important to remember that this will trigger your ex big time and this will affect a new relationship whether you want it to or not.

When I married my current DH 3 years ago I had been out of my previous marriage for 15 years and exBPDh had remarried.  About 6 months into our marriage my exfil died and there was a lot of drama around the funeral directed at my 2 d's.  DH phoned my exBPDh to talk to him about some of the issues and make some suggestions that eventually worked. However, despite 15 years and his own marriage, my ex decided it was appropriate to spend 1/2 hr on the phone telling my H what kind of person I was, how I had left him, how I wasn't a good Christian example yada yada yada ad nauseum  .  Now fortunately my DH is a non who has seen it all before, and also extremely good with conflict management and handled it extremely well. So well in fact that exhBPDh wilted back to where he came from  Smiling (click to insert in post)

But it is stressful, and in your case, the breakup being fairly recent, your ex having no other focus yet (ie new victim) and a D in the mix, take some care.
Blazing Star

Relationship status: Been together 5 years

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »

The only progress I've made is I'm now reading the book The sabre tooth tiger,about why it's so hard to leave abusive men.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) That's great! Keep focusing on you! He is gonna do what he is gonna do. Refuse to engage in the dysfunctional dance.

You sound stronger!

Love Blazing Star
DreamGirl
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »

How about your little one?

The smear campaign extending to her?

Has he gotten better about facilitating your relationship with her?

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me." ~Dave Matthews

motherof1yearold

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »

How about your little one?

The smear campaign extending to her?

Has he gotten better about facilitating your relationship with her?

I don't know what you mean about the little one but he claims me to have done "horrible" things to her. He has told people I baby sit for not to leave their children with me, going as far as to call the police. He is still waging war at all times.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest