Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 10:26:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craving connection & worried by that  (Read 351 times)
Wooddragon

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single

« on: March 05, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »

So I am NC with my ex and happy to stay that way. But it has only been a fortnight since the sorry mess died - with a whimper rather than a bang. Anyway Im concerned that I feel very open to connecting to ppl in a way that may not be healthy. I had a very unexpected conversation yesterday with a man I barely know about relationships etc (he is going through a messy divorce) & the feeling of shared intimacy was quite strong. I guess this is what makes us vulnerable to recycle attempts & I'm very on my guard for that but I'm wondering if others feel a strong need/desire to connect emotionally with someone else when the hurt is still very raw? Luckily this guy lives in another city or else I'm wondering if I might be tempted to try some of the seduction techniques I learned from my ex. I feel like an emotional grenade with the pin out & it's not pleasant!
maria1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:10 AM »

Hi Wooddragon

I can relate. I'm getting better but I'm further out than you I think. It's hard to know what's healthy connecting and what's unhealthy but at two weeks out maybe you are craving connection to alleviate the raw pain you talk of? And yes I do think it's what can tempt us to recycle.

Have you felt the deep grief yet? Are you running from it?

Can you treat these feelings to connect with another the same way as you would the impulse to break NC? ie. go for a walk, divert yourself with a film/tv/friends/physical exercise?

It seems very positive to me that you can stand back from your behaviour at this point and I'm wondering if PI might help you explore that a little more  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest