Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:43:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is wrong with me?  (Read 354 times)
screwedovr

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 05, 2013, 08:32:29 PM »

I've been divorced from my exBPDw for six months,  I've had plenty of time to start moving on.  After spending 11 years with a woman that showed hardly any emotion or passion towards me, I find myself litterally scared to get back out there.  I wouldnt know how to act with a woman that had her own personality, and God forbid she actually came on to me.  I've been so starved for affection for so long the idea of it scares the hell out of me! Anyone else go through anything like this?
arabella

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »

It's basically relationship PTSD. Have you had any therapy to help you deal with the fallout from your marriage? 11 years is a long time, 6 months is really very short in comparison... .  What sort of support are you receiving to help you recover?
screwedovr

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:01:26 PM »

Yea, I've been going to therapy for awhile.  Maybe it's just that the dating seen seems to have changed.  Still amazing how she could move on so quickly after 11 years! God I hope karma is real!Ha Ha
elessar

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »

karma is all i pray for too... .  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
arabella

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »

meh. Karma already got them - they're cursed with BPD! Seriously, BPD sounds like a complete nightmare, a living hell for the person who suffers from it.

Maybe try looking at the dating scene as finding a friend first. Then add benefits! Less pressure that way. But yeah, I hear you, it's hard to out yourself out there!
tailspin

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:41 PM »

screwedovr 

I think we've all been there to some extent.  Being scared is normal and I don't think there's anything wrong with you.   You will find tons of support on the L4 board about building healthy relationships and dating.  There are lessons designed to help navigate the waters again and will help you get your confidence back.  One thing I've learned is to not put a timeline on where we *should be* at any particular time because healing doesn't necessarily follow a linear pattern.

tailspin
charred

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »

Its not just you... .  I was married 22 yrs, and then stupidly divorced to be with my pwBPD... and then that fiasco ended... leaving me with 25 years since I last was trying to meet and date gals. Its intimidating to say the least. Tried online sites, found that 99% of the troglodites were attracted to me, and none of the attractive gals. Hope the other boards have good info, I too need a bit of help. (Have a T, and have started getting some PTSD treatment... the pwBPD did a number.)
screwedovr

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:10 PM »

I know everyone says BPD is a terrible thing to live with, but why the hell do they always seem to just slide through life. She through me away like a used kleenex, now my kids are living with her and not getting the affection that i always gave them.  I hope she hurries up and goes bankrupt so my kiddos can start living with me
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest