Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 03:00:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just never seems to stop hurting  (Read 363 times)
jaird

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 10, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

I don't know why I feel better for a few days, and then feel sad again about the breakup. It's been three months now, and I'm sure I would have gotten over it much sooner except for the fact that she bought me a book on loving someone with BPD, and asked me if I was in this for the long haul. That made me keep trying to get back with her for two months. I could not believe that breaking up was what she truly wanted after two years of discussing living together and being long term partners.

I am left alternating between the cold realization that this is the cruelest person I have ever met, and person who did similar things to other men, and remembering how devoted she was to me in the beginning and middle and even towards the end of our relationship. The paradoxes just boggle my mind.

Now she has decided that she may not have BPD, because everyone else she reads about who broke up and either has BPD, or their ex has it, well "none of those people had out issues". As if a person with BPD would only end a relationship because there were NO issues. She does not seem to realize that every relationship has issues, and every person with or without BPD who ends a relationship does so for some reason. The difference, I think, between the person affected with BPD and a "normal" person is 1. How they end the relationship, often without communication or warning. And 2. How quickly the affected person can move on, even if it is into a totally different type of relationship, one they claimed to never be interested in.
HarmKrakow

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »

I don't know why I feel better for a few days, and then feel sad again about the breakup. It's been three months now, and I'm sure I would have gotten over it much sooner except for the fact that she bought me a book on loving someone with BPD, and asked me if I was in this for the long haul. That made me keep trying to get back with her for two months. I could not believe that breaking up was what she truly wanted after two years of discussing living together and being long term partners.

I am left alternating between the cold realization that this is the cruelest person I have ever met, and person who did similar things to other men, and remembering how devoted she was to me in the beginning and middle and even towards the end of our relationship. The paradoxes just boggle my mind.

Now she has decided that she may not have BPD, because everyone else she reads about who broke up and either has BPD, or their ex has it, well "none of those people had out issues". As if a person with BPD would only end a relationship because there were NO issues. She does not seem to realize that every relationship has issues, and every person with or without BPD who ends a relationship does so for some reason. The difference, I think, between the person affected with BPD and a "normal" person is 1. How they end the relationship, often without communication or warning. And 2. How quickly the affected person can move on, even if it is into a totally different type of relationship, one they claimed to never be interested in.

I am 2 weeks out i was hoping not to feel the way you do in 10 weeks time Smiling (click to insert in post).  As it seems the pain is only getting worse. R/s with BPDers are substantially different than others as the ending is nastier than any other normal ending of a r/s
sunrising

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »

It's not just *the way they end* which makes relationships with pwBPD so difficult to get past.   Do some research on "trauma bonding" & codependency.   There's more to it than just the unusual way the relationship ends, and we were wiling participants. The most important thing you can do, when you're ready, is figure out the role you played in the relationship and *why* you played that role.   I'm working on that myself and I'm starting to learn some things about myself.  You can't change your exwBPD.  Only they can do that.  But you can learn more about yourself and change how you select partners as well as how you handle yourself in a relationship.  
HarmKrakow

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

It's not just *the way they end* which makes relationships with pwBPD so difficult to get past.   Do some research on "trauma bonding" & codependency.   There's more to it than just the unusual way the relationship ends, and we were wiling participants. The most important thing you can do, when you're ready, is figure out the role you played in the relationship and *why* you played that role.   I'm working on that myself and I'm starting to learn some things about myself.  You can't change your exwBPD.  Only they can do that.  But you can learn more about yourself and change how you select partners as well as how you handle yourself in a relationship.  

Good point, as "we as nons" brought trauma within the r/s fuelling the BPD. However, i have to admit, if it wasn't for all the painting black/lack of empathy in the end I would have felt a lot better now. Its those 2 which drove me away the deepest in regards of hurt, and then ofcourse the issue with our own issues which we brought along the relationship, the fact they filled a scarily deep void within us... But the lack of empathy and painting black hurted the most.
jaird

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »

I found this thread/workshop a good read and helpful

https://bpdfamily.com/bpdresources/nk_a109.htm
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest