Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 03:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A dream i had  (Read 358 times)
cal644

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 11, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »

This might be a long one - but I'd like to share this dream with you all.  So the stbuBPDw were looking for a new house on this cold miserable snowy day.  We came to this house where the owner was just putting a for sale sign in the yard.  They wern't ready to show the house yet so we had to wait outside.  We were standing by this tree that was withering and my wife said we just needed to cut it down.  a neighbor came and said only a couple cranches needed to be trimmed off and it would thrive by summer - he cut the branches and the tree already began to turn beautiful.  My wife was upset and said if we were going to have people look at the house we needed to start a bonfire so her and her sister were picking up these huge logs - I picked up the small branches that were just pruned off.  Her and her sister went to the opposite side of this lake from where the house was and dug this deep pit and started throwing these huge logs in.  My stbex, her sister, and father were in the pit trying to start the fire and kept burning themselves.  Then a group of strangers came and told them to pour gas on it ... .  in the mean time the house was open so I went to the house.  It was a beautiful mansion and the rooms were georgeous - but my wife hated it because there was a small crack or the wall paper was wrong noticing all the minor imperfections.  Anyway she went back to the bonfire and I went out this door and it was a beautiful sunny day with the lake in the background and beautiful yard.  I went to go tell the others we could have the party there but there was no handle on the door for me to get back in.  The final thing I remember were the wife and I were sitting next to this old lady selling the house - i asked the lady why she was only selling it for $150,000 since it was a multi million dollar house.  the lady said she only wanted what she bought it for originally - my wife didn't want the house and said we should only offer $75,000 for it because there was this new tiny tiny house she wanted for $150,000 instead... .  next post I'll put my interpretation

cal644

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »

ok - here's my interpretation.

1. The cold crappy snowy day was our life

2. The branches that were trimmed were my wife - and I will be in full bloom by summer

3. The deep pit her dad, sister, and wife were in were all the crap from the past

4. The "friends" throwing gas on it were her new "friends" - not well adjusted people

5. The house with the beautiful rooms were how I saw our marriage - she could only see the minor cracks and flaws

6. Me going outside is hope that my future is bright

7. No handle on the door is telling me to not go back

8. At the end my with was still only willing to give 1/2 of a steal on a mansion - she would rather have a tiny tiny new house "new friend" than to appreciate the steal she had on the mansion of a relationship.

gina louise

Relationship status: married a few years

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »

cal644

I really appreciated this-what a great dream and you KNEW what it meant for you!

that's really good, and I hope it helps you heal.

GL
fakename

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »

i love dreams
waitaminute

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »

Consider this. That the house was your conscious and subconscious self. The lowest levels were your subconsciousness. The upper levels your conscious self. You might be right though that the building was your composite self... .  You and her as a couple.

It's a common way to interpret a building in dreams... .  Consciousness and subconsciousness.

The fact that it was not yours might be that you were hoping/planning for a new "you". See if the rest fits with this interpretation.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest