Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 09:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Nicey Nicey calls drive me crazy  (Read 415 times)
cal644

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 17, 2013, 07:47:36 PM »

I don't know how many of you ever get this - but tonight I got another nicey nicey call from my stbexw about something for our daughter (very minor).  Here she has destroyed our marriage, my life and she acts like nothing has happened and nothing is wrong.  It drives me crazy!
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »

Cal she doesn't have the same feelings as you in respect to things like her actions and ramifications on relationships.  It's easier for her move on or pretend like it didn't happen.

It might help to keep your focus on those kiddos.  Doing what's best for them.  It's slow climb.  You can do it.

willy45
Formerly "johnnyorganic", "rjh45", "SurferDude"

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »

hmmm... .  

Interesting. My ex did that too. She would call me up and act like nothing happened and tell me all kinds of sweet things. Then, she would tell me horrible, horrible things, accuse me of all kinds of things, call me an ___hole, etc... .  

Good for you for taking care of your kids though.
Distraught-m-in-mn

Relationship status: Married, living apart

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »

I think it's par for the course.

Mine BPD wife does the same.  We are separated right now, but she's trying desperately to suck me back in by being extra nice, flirty, affectionate, etc.

I just try and remember the other side of the coin, and all the me tap/emotional anise I've endured. Reading about it, and being on here has also helped me maintain the strength to distance myself.
apple

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »

I don't know how many of you ever get this - but tonight I got another nicey nicey call from my stbexw about something for our daughter (very minor).  Here she has destroyed our marriage, my life and she acts like nothing has happened and nothing is wrong.  It drives me crazy!

Yes yes yes... .  I can so relate to this and I am so thankful to know that Im not alone on this scenario.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »

A positive slant on this - given this call was about your daughter - regardless how minor - is it not a good thing that the conversation was civil?

cal644

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:51 AM »

Yes - it was a good thing the call was civil.  It just hurts in a way that to her it is like nothing every happened.  It is also funny that the call was about something we discussed twice in the last week and I sent an email explaining the situation.  So it is something she knew about - maybe that's why it kinda upset me - it was like she just called to hear my voice.
mango_flower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »

Snap!

I got an email this morning from her saying she'd heard I'd won an award on Saturday for my sport... .  (she used to do the sport with me, so we all know the same people) and she had just emailed to say well done.

That was all.

I'm pleased it was nice, and it also means that our communication this week is "done"... .  as in, we both get another few days of not feeling like we should text/email to be polite... .  

But I HATE HATE HATE when she is nice, because:

a) It makes me miss her.  It makes me remember the sweet girl I fell in love with, not the person she is now, who appears to be mirroring her new fiancee, and thus I can feel justified in disliking!  It reminds me of when we were together and we were always so proud of each other when we got awards... .  and that makes me sad.

b) How can she just seem to forget everything she has done, left me with bills and rent to pay, all the responsibilities, and just upped and left?  Just because she is happy now with her new fiancee (just 4 months after we split!) she seems to think that I too, should be happy and have moved on? It just seems incredible to me... .  that she can't even consider how I may be feeling at the moment!

So yes.  I totally get how you feel.

I hate when she's angry or ranting about something, but I think it's just as bad in a different way when she is nice!

cal644

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »

I agree - when she's angry or venting then I can say to myself (oh yes!, I don't want this the rest of my life).  When she is nice I think - did I do the right thing?  Is she getting better and getting help? Did she see the light? So I actually prefer the angry her ... .  sad to say
clairedair

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »

I'm a bit unsettled tonight precisely because of this - a phone call to do with kids.  His tone is kindly and he asks how I'm doing and I feel so incredibly petty not chatting back but I have been going over a lot of the bad stuff and really feeling it this time so I'm angry with him. 

But when he's nice like this, I start to doubt myself - that maybe things weren't as bad as I think they were... .  

He leaves abruptly, is in love again with someone else weeks later and talks to me like nothing has happened and we're all friends and mature enough to 'co-parent' civilly.  I feel like he's sorry for me - 'poor Claire - hasn't really moved on'.

Drives me crazy too. 
mango_flower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

I'm a bit unsettled tonight precisely because of this - a phone call to do with kids.  His tone is kindly and he asks how I'm doing and I feel so incredibly petty not chatting back but I have been going over a lot of the bad stuff and really feeling it this time so I'm angry with him. 

But when he's nice like this, I start to doubt myself - that maybe things weren't as bad as I think they were... .  

He leaves abruptly, is in love again with someone else weeks later and talks to me like nothing has happened and we're all friends and mature enough to 'co-parent' civilly.  I feel like he's sorry for me - 'poor Claire - hasn't really moved on'.

Drives me crazy too. 

Urgh, so frustrating, eh!  Yes, I get that.  It's that "how can they think I am ok, just cos they are?".  Really hurts x

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest