Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 04:12:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My therapy session today  (Read 379 times)
confusedandscared

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:42 PM »

So today I had a therapy session and my T decided to do some EMDR on one traumatic event that I went through with my ex. Needless to say it was a very tough session, it brought out an anger towards her that I had never felt before. All my anger that has been building up over the last few months, years, all came flooding out over this one incident.

Needless to say she told me at the end of the session that we have a long road ahead of us of letting go on the hurt, anguish and pain that she has subjected me to over the past few years.

I don't know if anyone else has had experience with EMDR or if they would like to share their thoughts on it and releasing the pain of the things we have witnessed and been subjected to.
jacksondog

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »

Hi Confusedandscared, I have been doing EMDR for over a year. It wasn't because of 1 relationship, it was because of an abusive childhood some tough losses from people close to me and other bad relationships growing up. I was diagnosed with PTSD which lead me to this very aggressive therapy EMDR. But it was my EXBPDGf that made my whole life from a child to now crumble like a building being demolished. Do I feel better now? Most defiantly. It will help you tremendously. When everything went south from being discarded from the EXBPDGF I thought I would never feel alive again. But I do. I have my own life again, and I can spot a unhealthy person a mile away. Plus I made myself aware of my faults that kept me with unhealthy people. I haven't responded on this site for a long while. I just sometimes read  your the (victims ) posts on there relationships with a cluster B disorders mainly BPD'S. Its very sad. That whole experience was so disheartening. Especially since i am in my 50's You will end up fine I think having a T is essential. Good luck Jackson dog.
Take2

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

What is EMDR... .  ?
confusedandscared

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »

Jacksondog, thank you for the encouragement on EMDR. I have to say it was very painful dragging up past feelings about the particular incident that we worked on, in the end I felt better, if you can call it that. We do have a lot of work to do with it, I know it will get a lot harder before it gets better, i'm glad it worked for you as that gives me hope.

Much like you my ex triggered a lot of childhood trauma, even better was that she chose to exploit those things when I told her about them, kind of like an emotional vampire so to speak. It is very like being demolished emotionally, looking around and seeing broken pieces everywhere and you have no idea where to start to put it all back together.

Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot to me to know that someone has went through it and sees the light at the end of it all of being back to feeling alive again.
jacksondog

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »

Take2 EMDR is a form of therapy. It just might be the most aggressive form of therapy. It is commonly used with people diagnosed with PTSD. I think if you investigate it on the internet you will find a better description of it than I can tell you. Good luck
jacksondog

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:00:31 AM »

Confusedandscared, yes it is very painful to bring up the past. I couldn't believe all the abusive episodes that i had blocked out as a child resurface with so much clarity. I would go into my sessions with so much anxiety and physical pain and come out feeling so depressed. but it all lessens with time .You will  intellectually start to process your   thoughts,  feelings, all the whys  where it will all start making sense... You will eventually be thankful  that you are no longer in that relationship with the person with a broken mind,and your going to be glad you didn't waste anymore of your life with that person. I am not a very good writer so I hope this all makes sense to you. Again good luck There is bright lights at the end of the tunnel.Jacksondog
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest