Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 06, 2024, 09:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with extreme push-pull behavior  (Read 1720 times)
wdone

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living with my partner

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »

I have found at times like this it is best to let them come to you. Mine seemed to love the chase and played on it, which made things even worse. Sitting it out and waiting is extremely difficult. I almost had to train myself to do it. As far as envolving a third party, I use to go to his daughter for answers. He resented that and it did not put her in a very good position. I have stopped that too. Its so hard, believe me, I know but letting him be at this time is really the best solution and you will not be adding any fuel to the fire.

thank you... . i appreciate the advice.  SO hard to do, but i bet you're right... .  

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

wdone

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »

i ran into my so today. of course. it was very serendipitous. and he was calm, and said he was "fine" and that he "loved (me) and trusted me in this moment." and asked me to go get tea, and we did and talked and talked.

WHY oh why can't he stay that way?  (at least consistent and communicative and open) Smiling (click to insert in post)

we did talk about the threat of the restraining order and he said he didn't know how else to get space from everyone at that time, and all the things i thought... .   i did express that it hurt me and scared me. and that i don't want to interact on that level... .   that i don't want us to see the other as the enemy. we talked about glass half full/empty stuff and perception.

i did say there is nothing i can do about his fear/perception.

i asked him, so that i could be very clear, what he wanted me to do, what he needed/wanted and he said he didn't know, and the he knew he felt the love and care for me and thinks i'm beautiful and fabulous but knows "it" will happen again, and he doesn't know how to deal with "it." (the deregulation)

he did say several times, that he knows it is him and not me or us... .   that he "would be and is insane with or without me being around"

(PROGRESS!)

he cried a little and talked about how he hated his life. i felt so much compassion for him. he is trying SO hard to "get his life together."

he also misinterpreted a text from me, and distorted it quite a bit. i was talking about an animal in reality and the text was clear and was straight forward and he took it to mean that i thought he was the wounded animal i had come across that day... .   wow.  led to lots of weirdness in his head, and he had a hard time believing me that i wasn't referring to him.  it took him a while to get that he had completely made up a story out of fear and paranoia. but i think he got it.

i love him and was so grateful to be able to tell him how i felt. 

he texted me a half an hour later that it was good to see me. 
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »

Yay for good days! Yay for you doing your best too!

i asked him, so that i could be very clear, what he wanted me to do, what he needed/wanted and he said he didn't know, and the he knew he felt the love and care for me and thinks i'm beautiful and fabulous but knows "it" will happen again, and he doesn't know how to deal with "it." (the deregulation)

I'm afraid you have to take a pretty active role in dealing with "it" still. I think the best solution is not being with him, as soon as you can arrange it, until he recovers/calms down.

i think i need someone to take me through the lessons--does that ever happen here? like a sponsor kind of?

Nice idea there... .   'tho not one I've seen here before. I'm sure if you just wrote yourself a schedule and then read a lesson and then started a thread with questions you would get a response... .   but that isn't quite the same.
wdone

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:57 AM »

Yay for good days! Yay for you doing your best too!

I'm afraid you have to take a pretty active role in dealing with "it" still. I think the best solution is not being with him, as soon as you can arrange it, until he recovers/calms down.

i think i need someone to take me through the lessons--does that ever happen here? like a sponsor kind of?

Nice idea there... .   'tho not one I've seen here before. I'm sure if you just wrote yourself a schedule and then read a lesson and then started a thread with questions you would get a response... .   but that isn't quite the same.

thanks! i do feel like i gave it over and let go and trusted and then i ran into him. Smiling (click to insert in post)

yes, i will take your advice... . the best that i can, and when he dysregulates, distance myself.

it'd be great to have people who "took people through the lessons." i will try to learn them on my own for now Smiling (click to insert in post)
benny2

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »

It is so sad to see them tormenting themselves. Mine has also broken down into tears and asked "what is wrong with me?" They hate themselves for what they do, but yet they can't stop. I can tell at times mine trys to fight it and control it, but I see that he can't. So I have to decide wheter or not I want to remain being his target. I feel bad for him, but when he turns on me, all I feel is hurt and anger. Knowing that there is a disorder behind his behavior has helped me and he also would tell me repeatedly that its not me, its him. I now know those words he told me were sincere. That has helped me alot. I use to think there was something wrong with me that he would treat me this way. Now I just have to decide whether or not I want to continue with this relationship that holds no future.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest