Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 29, 2024, 12:24:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What worked for me... to detach... move on  (Read 329 times)
flynavy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 18, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »

I think I am finally getting back to the me my wife met and decided to marry... .  out of the blue... .  I wanted to text my exBPD/NPD gf/fiance and ask her if she wanted to join me for a glass of wine... .  she would know what that meant!... .  but I didn't... .  a much uglier face appeared in my head of her... .  the one that hit me, the raging maniac... .  I saw the not cutsie, sultry voiced, woman she could put on!  I didn't have to force it ... .  it came to me.

As my mind starts to clear, and I heal from the pain of loosing my wife, I am seeing things not as they appear/how I want them to be, but rather as they are... .  finally!

I posted these 2 posts on my Facebook to let everyone know I am back!... .  

FIRST POST: I've had a little time to reflect on the events in my life after Sandie's passing as my mind seems to be much much clearer these days... .  I remember telling my boys "Life ain't fair"... .  I now know it in spades! The old adage... .  you don't know what you got till its gone... .  Well... . I always knew I was married to the most loving, caring, selfless woman! But I now realize just how beautiful she was/is and how Lucky/Fortunate I was after my first time out of the box in the world of relationships. I can't imagine being a young man in this brave new world searching for the Love of His Life! Lesson Learned - Nothing is as it appears/seems... .  especially if it seems Too Good to be True... .  it more than likely is. Due your due diligence if you feel in your gut something ain't right... .  investigate Yellow Flags because they more than likely are Red Flags. Semper Mecum... .  Numquam Periit Amor!

SECOND POST: More ramblings from an extremely grateful fortunate man... .  I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has been there for me over the past 3 years. I am reminded of a quote from one of my favorite movies... .  It's a Wonderful Life"... . quote from Clarence (Sandra) the angel... .  "No man is a failure who has friends--and I'm adding Family! Somebody up there likes me... .  and I will never forget it!

Here is but 2 comments back from family... .  one cousin who is an ACOA like me(we got through it together as kids) and my cousins husband... .

MY COUSIN: "well said my man... .  why is the path to true wisdom, true love and true happiness so tough? Only God knows but you are a man of wisdom and the love you had others may never experience... .  People admire and respect you, take comfort and be well bud... .  wishing you some new found happiness too!... .  J

COUSINS HUSBAND: "I love you, Brother, see you soon"

This is from my sister who was tremendous comfort and strength for me while my wife was in Hospice... .  

SISTER: "You've made it through a very challenging experience. Through all the sorrow, pain & tears you have the realization of just how strong you are. You don't have the life you dreamed of but you still can dream, live & laugh. You have amazing boys, friends & family who are there to help you whether through guidance, listening or enjoying God's beauty. And then of course there's ME! Only ten more days before you get here & only twelve more 'til Crosby, Stills & Nash! Plus XXXX put in for time off & he & XXXXX will meet is in Biloxi. Can hardly wait! See you soon!

So I am truly a fortunate man to have been loved by a caring, selfless woman for 32 years, to have terrific family and friends.

So as Clarence put it from the movie "Its a Wonderful Life"... .  No Man is Alone who has Friends... .  and family.  I am totally convinced that my wife watches over me... .  she was the voice in the back of my head telling me to investigate the suspicious behaviors/lies and deceit... .  Somebody Up there Likes Me!... .  and I am grateful!

What has worked for me... .  Family... .  Friends... .  and a little help from UPSTAIRS!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest