Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This weekends contact  (Read 370 times)
Gettingthere

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 27, 2013, 03:44:48 AM »

Hello again!

Quick update kids have been having fortnightly supervised contact. Every time they don't want to go and it's stress build up for few days before, but recently been starting a week before. When they are there, dd6 and ds2 seem to have good time, ds11 varies from not to okayish.

This weekend was first time they were going out of contact centre with dad and member of staff; with a view to going with dad alone next time. Neither of the 2 older ones wanted to go. Equivalent of C.E said he would only speak to the children AFTER these two sessions. He is on leave for couple week now anyway. He will be seeing them in school in about a month time. Having spoken to dd6 teacher, about a month ago in their lesson they had to write down a time when they felt anxious. Dd6 wrote about when she has to see dad. I will be asking for this to be shown to c.e when he visits school. She has also approached the same teacher telling her how worried she is about contact, especially last week prior to going out of the centre.

The trial found no findings. However dad was abusive, but now deemed to pose no danger to the children, and the c.e has to go along with that. At the weekend, both older children refused to go out of centre with dad. Staff spent a long time trying to persuade them but they stayed firm (dd6 I think empowered by her teacher reminding her no one can force you to do what you don't want ) I took ds2 across room and sat reading books as I'm concerned my presence would be misinterpreted by dad. Kids said clearly they don't trust him and don't want to go. Dd6 and ds2 saw him in contact centre on understanding that they wouldnt go out. Ds11 refused point blank, said he didn't want to see him. Staff pointed out he had been many times before but he said he didn't want to see him and was forced to . They asked who by he said staff... . she took it personally and became annoyed! Said she hadn't etc. ds11 became increasingly agitated and raised his voice to which she said "don't get angry with staff I'm just asking you what you want" to which he said "we'll I've told you so go away and leave me alone". He stayed with me the rest of the contact.

It's bank holiday here, I'm dreading when the sol offices open. This has been coming a long time, but it goes without saying that I will be accused of alienating him ( I swear I haven't, he has alienated by his actions). Civil divorce was a year ago. Religious divorce still going through as he is blocking it... . which to me shows he hasn't accepted the situation at all.

The day after contact, dd6 was woken 7 am by two loud bangs. We live in a cul de sac off a main road. It was Sunday morning ie rarely anyone about then. Two eggs were thrown at her window. I've taken photos for what it's worth, and of course can't prove who did but coming the day after contact is v suspicios, and that room when ex lived here was ds11 not dd6... .

We are going on hol next week. He knows cos of contact staff ( Grrr) I'm worried he will turn up now, it's just an hour half drive.

How do I handle these issues?

Thanks in advance

GT
Gettingthere

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »

Took kids out for couple hours. Came back to another egg just missed my window. Neighbours haven't seen anything. Have reported to police. Going away next week and ex not happy about it. Thinking of getting CCTV. Is that OTT? Feeling v on edge
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »

You have had multiple vandalism events.  Getting some sort of security is appropriate.  CCTV security cameras would be a very good idea.  They're much better quality and less expensive than in years past.  I saw one in a local store was was a combined motion activated security light and camera.  Another package in the store was a system that could record up to 8 cameras.  You have a very good idea who it is, it's just getting the proof.

broken3

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:18:50 AM »

I bought a brinno tlc 200. Time lapse camera. will take high def. photos on any increment of seconds for a week. $149.00. Worked fantastic!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest