Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 12:41:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency Rooms  (Read 398 times)
twojaybirds

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »

This morning I received a call from a local hospital asking about the 800.00 balance from the April ER visit.

I pay my dd insurance and she is responsible for all co-pays so this will be forwarded to her Smiling (click to insert in post)

However with this call it means since April there have been 5 ER visits to 4 hospitals that I know of. I am sure they are all psyco-somatic induced pains. 

Just the thought of anxiety, neediness, attention, stress, fear, lonliness she must feel that are going round in my head today.

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
charred

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »

My ex spent 12,000 of my money on ER visits... . all but one for her. She had a tummy ache, her head hurt... . and it had to be a tumor, etc. None of it was anything but expensive, they would do MRI or CAT scans and the bills were exorbitant.

My daughter fell and broke her tail bone, she had an ambulance that was taking her to the farthest hospital in the area (because someone from the ambulance company said they were a children's hospital and better)... . I called and offered her to pay for it herself 100% or go to the Hospital right by us (new one so no line)... . and she did... . but would not consider the minor ER even closer. Total bill ended up being $6000. What did they say to do... . take Ibuprofen for pain and sit on an air donut (which is what I told her they would say.)

So I forced a change in the insurance coverage, my ex is the primary, I pay 2/3 of expenses... . that I havent disagreed with up front, and she is legally responsible for the whole bill now, and I pay her my part later. Since then... . each visit has been handled at a minor ER... . for under $250 each.

BioAdoptMom3

Relationship status: Married for 28 years

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »

You are so not alone!  Our DD will be 14 next week and with a lot recent improvements, this seems to be our biggest issue.  She plays travel softball and at least once a week she ends up "hurt".  She wants nose surgery for a broken nose which took place a couple of years ago (no apparent damage but says breathing is hindered).  When the surgeon said he preferred to wait till she is 16 because of growth she begged me on the way home to call the orthodontist and see if she could PLEASE get her braces on sooner!  We deal with constant stomach aches, headaches, you name it!  I have no idea how to handle this and am anxious to see what type of advice you may be given here. I don't know if we are supposed to feed into it, ignore it or... . no idea!    from one of your fellow moms on this board who understands!
jellibeans

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »

well I joke that I have a fast pass at our local ER... . my dd is an expert at illness. I have been away for a couple of days and my dd complained of a sore throat when I got home tonight. I find that if validate her not feeling well then things go better. There will always be something or some place she wants to go and has to be well to do those activities so her illnesses are short lived... . at least in the summer... . when school is in she is chronically ill. I could use some advise on this topic too. I don't ignore her illness but I try and bring her a cup of tea or pay her some extra attention and I think that helps.
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:10 PM »

Sometimes I get out the care guide  - I have one from my HMO but they are available at bookstores too. It has all possible issues, wellness chapters, and each area has home care first, when to call doc next day, when to call doc now, when to go to ER. This has helped me keep focus on the step by step, support that symptoms are very real, and give some kind of focused care at home first.

If you are breathing, not bleeding, nothing broken then it is good to wait it out with home care for a few hours. I have taken first aide training - this also helps me stay calm, focused, and use the guide book for things that are not life threatening.

Just quick suggestion.

qcr  

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest