Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 02:28:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're our own worst enemy  (Read 371 times)
Moonie75

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 18, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »

5 weeks out today!

Been a roller coaster week & a half. Yesterday was horrendous & I really struggled from the moment i got up till I went to bed again last night.

Today though for no reason other than randomness I seem to feeling fine. Didn't hear from her yesterday or today so it's all down to me, my thoughts & my mind. We really are our own enemy when the thoughts come flooding in, then fooling ourselves when they don't. I know I'll have other horrid, low, desperate days. I know too I'll have other better days. But it's all down to me because she's not here, she's not doing this to me, I am!

clairedair

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:26:23 AM »

Hi Moonie75

I started seeing a new therapist a few months ago because I was getting so frustrated with myself for letting ex take up so much of my mental energy (and consequently a good deal of my physical energy).

One of the things she told me that really helped was that my brain needed to be 'rewired'.  That years of walking on eggshells has my brain 'wired' in a certain way and it will take a bit of time to 'rewire'.

I've read a few articles about recovering from emotional abuse recently and that's helped me to stop beating myself up so much about letting this relationship still affect my life.  We are under a lot of pressure from those who care about us to move on as quickly as possible.  This comes from wanting us not to be upset but they cannot understand the complexity of dealing with the ending of such confusing relationships unless they themselves have been through something similar.  That's why coming here helps.

Doesn't mean we don't have to put in the hard work at times and focus on our own issues but we do need to be patient with ourselves.

It's good that you recognise that there will be bad days and good days as this definitely isn't a linear process.

take care

Claire
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest