Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 10:28:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does NC apply to my BPDxgf's entire family?  (Read 335 times)
DownandOut

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 06, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »

I was just wondering how everyone with a lot of experience with NC and the difficult issue of applying NC to social media has dealt with exBPD family members. I have recently broken up with my exgf who I'm pretty sure is BPD. She rebounded about 2 days after we broke up with someone I'm sure she was grooming prior to the relationship ending. I broke it off. She started rubbing her new guy in my face on social media with post upon post upon post of how she's so spoiled by this new guy and how happy she is. I honestly couldn't take it anymore and finally blocked her; however, I'm not sure whether or not to block her family members whom I had a good relationship with. Occasionally their posts don't bother me, but every once in a while I get down when I see the pics of the family that at one time I thought I would be a part of. Any thoughts?
fiddlestix

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:21:48 PM »

I am finding it a bit hard to be around my ex wife's family.  She doesn't really see her brothers (with whom I get along well) at all; they are fed up with her nonsense.  But her name occasionally comes up in context.  I fear that her dad, who has no filter, will blurt out something about her new boyfriend or something like that.  I don't want to hear anything about her and her new boy toy.  Thus I have stepped back a bit from her family. But after being a part of her family for over 25 years I love them, and they have vowed to continue to see me as a brother and son.  I am very fortunate that way.

Fiddlestix
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest