Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 27, 2024, 11:23:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funniest/Stupidest Thing BPD Did?  (Read 609 times)
love4meNOTu

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 06:12:19 AM »

This one is a classic... .

Writing to my lawyer telling her that he deserved spousal support (after a 16 month marriage) because things have been so tough for him since I "forced" him to leave. (Really wish I had that superpower).

Right. He was already with another woman.

Complaining to the sheriff who came out to my house because I was so afraid of him one night ... . "I can't even talk to my wife! waaaaaahhhhh". My kids heard that one, and had also heard him screaming at me just five minutes previously, that they actually laughed while they heard him whining to the police. Yea, dude, you never "talked" you screamed. all the fing time. I don't really know what else to say. He was ridiculous that night. So oblivious. So manipulative, so much the victim.

In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~Albert Camus
feelingcrazy7832

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »

I could go on all day about the stupid sh—t my ex did. We saw a neighbor friend of my sister’s who has a son that was my nephew’s friend. He is married with 3 children. My family all knows him. He were out having drinks one night. He said hi to me. Several people walked out of the bar at the same time. He and I were going to walk to his place which was only a mile away since we had drinks and didn’t want to drive. The neighbor friend was walking with me along the bike bath when we walked out. Next thing I know I turn around and my exBPD is completely gone. Vanished. Not sure how he even disappeared that quickly. I was accused of sleeping with the neighbor because I said hello to him. Come to think of it, I’ve been accused of sleeping with several friends/acquaintances just for saying hello or talking to them. Most of these guys were all married and friends of mine or my family friends. I hate to think it was because he was projecting his infidelity with me. I caught him doing a lot of stupid things and in a lot of stupid lies. I never caught him cheating or had any hints of it.  He would always say to me that he knew I was pretty and had a great job and was educated and a lot of guys would love to have me in their life. I think that’s why he tried to completely destroy me and my self esteem so that I would never leave him. I have funnier stories I can post later. Gotta run into meetings but this thread is funny.
broken3

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:18 AM »

" I can't be out of money... . there are still checks left in the checkbook!"

Wow!
Bulgakov

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »

I know this is a little off topic, but it appears that pwBPD love the fantasy genre no matter what their age is. My uBPDexgf is in her later twenties and is obsessed, OBSESSED with young-adult fiction books involving vampires, zombies and other nonsense.

Also, one of her favorite questions for me was "if you could have a superpower, what would it be?" I mean, good question for a first date or something to bring up when the time is appropriate (maybe watching a superhero movie), but she was preoccupied with superheros and having a super power. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I bring it up because NoCRV's post got me thinking. Interesting thing to consider. Maybe I'll start a thread about the topic.

Mine: obsessed with Disney and fantasy movies. Lots of kids movies, although not to say that she never watches more adult movies with me... . and I have certainly watched fantasy/kids movies with her. Her idea of love and relationships seems to come from these... . which is not good, in my opinion.

Her favorite question: if you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be? She asks this question all the time.

Funniest/Stupidest: Probably any time she gripes about having to pay to get into a bar or get drinks. She considers herself a socialite. Or maybe when she steps in to help people, but it is so obviously all about her looking like a stand up person. In private, she despises fat people, and... . well it seems like she really just despises everybody for all the wrong reasons. She is so intuitive 
feelingcrazy7832

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »

I just remembered another one (I could seriously come up with stuff all day long). When he was recently released from jail due to another drug conviction (was caught with some of his favorite drugs again... . Adderal and Xanax), his life plan was to go back to school to be a psychologist. He's almost 40, his parents still pay all his bills and basically enable him and take care of him still. His mission was to help people work through their issues "without meds" since he believed most psych issues did not need meds, but rather behavioral therapy.

This came from the person who regulated his moods with massive amounts of pills and became addicted to every pill known to man. The person who jumps from therapist to therapist because each time one tells him he may need a med or comes close to diagnosing him with something, he never goes back and finds another therapist during a future crisis.

Yea, buddy, let me know how that psych degree works out for ya. Also, let me know how easy it is for you to obtain your license once you're done with 6  years of school with a slew of drug convictions and DUIs under your belt.

What an idiot.
RecycledNoMore

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »

O rofl crv... .

The ex loved once upon a time too, he is also obsessed with dragon ball Z, he used to draw goku all the time, not in different poses, just the same pic, every time, his fb is plastered with it, at any opportunity hed waffle on about it,repeat noises and phrases etc.Hes 30 btw... .
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »

Any idea why, despite all that you list here you persisted in a relationship that appears, having read this thread, to not be inline with a healthy relationship?

We play a role in the dysfunction - we stayed! Good to start to assess what those reasons are within you that may have stopped you leaving to save yourself.

Despite popular thought Borderlines are not evil they are ill. Exercising empathy for their plight helps more with detaching than laying 100% blame on them. 

RecycledNoMore

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »

Any idea why, despite all that you list here you persisted in a relationship that appears, having read this thread, to not be inline with a healthy relationship?

We play a role in the dysfunction - we stayed! Good to start to assess what those reasons are within you that may have stopped you leaving to save yourself.

Despite popular thought Borderlines are not evil they are ill. Exercising empathy for their plight helps more with detaching than laying 100% blame on them. 

I accept hes mentally ill, I know why I stayed, I dont blame him 100%, I wanted to participate in this thread bc Im havn a low day,ex contacted after 5 mnths,my empathy for him became my downfall

Sometimes it helps to laugh at the silly things but in now way am I trying to be vindictive.
myself

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »

The stupidest thing she did was to not make sure she kept me hooked longer.

I thought I needed her. It made me feel better about myself when she said she loved me. It wasn't funny when she was abusive or acted crazy, but I would have stayed with her if she would have hurt me less.

It was stupid of her to lose me. We could have lived crappily ever after.
santa

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »

" I can't be out of money... . there are still checks left in the checkbook!"

Wow!

That's hilarious
santa

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

The stupidest thing she did was to not make sure she kept me hooked longer.

I thought I needed her. It made me feel better about myself when she said she loved me. It wasn't funny when she was abusive or acted crazy, but I would have stayed with her if she would have hurt me less.

It was stupid of her to lose me. We could have lived crappily ever after.

I'm with you there. She was stupid to lose you. Good luck trying to find another decent guy that will put up with all her nonsense for so long. Same with my ex. If she can find a guy better than me that will cater to all her crazy needs the way I did for 4 years, good for her. I'll be surprised to see it happen though. She had it made.

Let her have it her way though. We don't need to deal with all that non-stop chaos anyway.
feelingcrazy7832

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 04:38:41 AM »

Clearmind i agere with what was said. It just helped me yesterday to actually laugh at it all. I've been looking at my role in all of this believe me. Yesterday, it just made me laugh to read this thread and I haven't laughed like that in awhile. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself when you realize how crazy it all was.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest