Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 08:16:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh how I hate the darkness...  (Read 343 times)
Foreverhopefull

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:40 AM »

My house has been hit with a huge black cloud.

I fear this for weeks now, but it's been hit big time.

Yesterday, I'm sitting at work and all I got was a single email saying " My worst day ever".

So within seconds, I'm calling him to know more. Good thing he remembered the rule... . he must answer or call back within less than 5 minutes or I call the cops to go over and I give them permission to force entry. He starts telling me he's tired of existing, it's draining to breath, he just wants to die but he can't 'cause God doesn't want him and the devil is ignoring him so he's curse to stay alive wishing for death to come take him without it ever happening.

Let's just say that the second I got home, we had a talk. Most of the time, he spent it crying... . weeping really, with periods of "it hurts too much, I can't do it anymore" and "I'm just soo tired of existing".

He has an appointment today with our doctor so hopefully he keeps his promise to ask for a stay at the hospital to re-evaluation of his medications.

Then today, I get a call from his sister. Our niece has tried to commit suicide 3 times since shortly before Christmas, she left her husband and her kids and is now saying the molestation accusations she had made while she was a teenager (and then retracted and told us it was a ruse to be able to support her friend during the group therapy sessions after my SIL got her in the group), which then brought my SIL to inform me that she is also seeking help from a therapist and her therapist told her to demand a meeting with my dBPDh. REALLY? she thinks that after not speaking for almost 12 years, she can demand that he hears her out? Does her therapist know what BPD is? My SIL should know that you do not demand anything from anyone in her family. That's a definitive guaranty of failure.

I told her that he was in no way, shape or form ready to talk to anyone in their family. That each time their names come up in therapy or at home, all that comes out is pure rage. (so much so that the therapist put that as his trigger words to discuss when he is ready ONLY) I explained to her that right now, he's so dark that even if I say that I'm hurt he would just respond with the most vile and hurtful words he could muster. This is the last thing this family needs. More reasons to hate each other (their mother did enough).

I felt bad 'cause I could hear her heart breaking, but she said that if she couldn't talk to him, she would write to him and place the letters in a box for him to read when he is ready. Even if it's after she dies.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »

Foreverhopefull,

wow, that is bleak   

Excerpt
So within seconds, I'm calling him to know more. Good thing he remembered the rule... . he must answer or call back within less than 5 minutes or I call the cops to go over and I give them permission to force entry. He starts telling me he's tired of existing, it's draining to breath, he just wants to die but he can't 'cause God doesn't want him and the devil is ignoring him so he's curse to stay alive wishing for death to come take him without it ever happening.

Sound planning but still when it happens it is a shock and the heart is racing.

Excerpt
Let's just say that the second I got home, we had a talk. Most of the time, he spent it crying... . weeping really, with periods of "it hurts too much, I can't do it anymore" and "I'm just soo tired of existing".

Crying can be good as it relieves emotions. Keep that in mind. You certainly feel part of his pain but he is also self soothing so you can also feel glad for him (don't tell him, may be invalidating). Crying is ok.

Excerpt
Then today, I get a call from his sister. Our niece has tried to commit suicide 3 times since shortly before Christmas, she left her husband and her kids and is now saying the molestation accusations she had made while she was a teenager (and then retracted and told us it was a ruse to be able to support her friend during the group therapy sessions after my SIL got her in the group), which then brought my SIL to inform me that she is also seeking help from a therapist and her therapist told her to demand a meeting with my dBPDh. REALLY? she thinks that after not speaking for almost 12 years, she can demand that he hears her out? Does her therapist know what BPD is? My SIL should know that you do not demand anything from anyone in her family. That's a definitive guaranty of failure.

I told her that he was in no way, shape or form ready to talk to anyone in their family. That each time their names come up in therapy or at home, all that comes out is pure rage. (so much so that the therapist put that as his trigger words to discuss when he is ready ONLY) I explained to her that right now, he's so dark that even if I say that I'm hurt he would just respond with the most vile and hurtful words he could muster. This is the last thing this family needs. More reasons to hate each other (their mother did enough).

I felt bad 'cause I could hear her heart breaking, but she said that if she couldn't talk to him, she would write to him and place the letters in a box for him to read when he is ready. Even if it's after she dies.

Super tough conversations you had there  . Dealing with if I counted right 3 suicidal persons and validating them. Maintaining boundaries in multiple directions under enormous pressure.

You must be emotionally exhausted! Take good care of yourself 

a0

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Foreverhopefull

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »

I am so happy to say that he really dealt with this darkness with brilliance.

He cried, talked to me and our doctor and even begged his therapist to see him in a urgent matter (she's good for this but she was supposed to be in a meeting all day). He did get a session and from there he was able to climb out of his darkness.

He did brilliantly because this time, I did not guide him to the light, he did it himself.

Having said that the feelings ("it hurts too much, I can't do it anymore" and "I'm just soo tired of existing".) are still there but he is working very hard at working through them.

I'm very proud of him.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest