Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replied to my email  (Read 353 times)
restoredsight

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 10, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »

I've been separated from my wife for about three weeks now. She didn't initiate contact with me in this time, and i didn't expect her to. I sent her a long email detailing my worries and feelings and she replied. During our last split she didn't talk to me at all.

I have no idea what her situation is exactly. She may be with someone else. I'm not digging because I don't want to know. She didn't reply to the majority of my email, but she expressed her resentment about how I switched jobs when she was pregnant, and how despite my efforts, we were having money trouble. The job had potential for more money, but it was less reliable. I tried to keep a dialogue open the whole time this was going on. She said she would work until she felt she couldn't, and she ended up working a double shift before she gave birth. She went back only 11 days later, with every assurance that she was fine. She resents me for it, and has since, and I had no idea.

Another thing is that she's never actually brought up a serious resentment towards me before.

I could really use some help in understanding the nuances here.

"Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but the power's been out. I appreciate you taking the time to email me. I feel like you're really pondering the situation here.

I feel like you and I don't communicate very well. That's half on me, and half on you. Nobody's fault, you know. I feel like your body language and the way that I interpret things don't jive very well and that prevents me from being able to really talk to you.

I feel rather resentful towards you for quitting hit_ to work for hit_. I feel like you quit and left a lot of responsibility on pregnant me. Even if it wasn't explicitly stated, I felt responsible and felt like I had to go to work. All the time. I was worried about the bills. I was worried we'd be broke, and what if I had a difficult birth, and was stuck at home? If I hadn't worked as much as I did, you would have gotten another job, or worked at home more. You would have been unhappy, and I would have broken under the weight of my guilt for making you do things you don't want to do. Even if my feelings in that situation would have been overblown, I would have felt that way. I worked a double shift the day before I had hit__, and then went back 11 days later. People don't do that. Women don't do that. I felt like I had to, though.

But that's done, and I feel like it's time for me to move on from my negative feelings.

I'll send you another email here in a while."

I don't know if this is a door opening or a door closing. I sent back an apology and I told her that I'd do anything to have my family back, including working as much as I had to so that she could be with our son more. She hasn't responded yet, and I don't know if I made a mistake trying. I'm so full of anxiety. I feel so guilty.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Surnia
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »

Hi chad_sketch

I am sorry you are full of anxiety right now. 

I read the email as both of you are dealing with a lot. You with guilty feelings now and she with a lot of worries about money in the past.

I cannot predict the future, I think there is a dialogue. The door is open for a dialogue I would say.

I feel like you and I don't communicate very well. That's half on me, and half on you. Nobody's fault, you know.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest